31 December 2010
National Australia Bank today announced a donation of $200,000 to the Queensland Premier's Appeal, and an additional $250,000 to support local communities, affected by floods in Queensland.
NAB Deputy CEO Michael Ullmer said that the bank was committed to providing support to customers and employees who have been impacted by the floods.
"We understand that in circumstances such as this, our customers and our staff need our support, which is why I am pleased to announce these donations," Mr Ullmer said.
NAB has also put in place a package of relief measures it will consider for NAB Retail and Homeside customers facing financial difficulty as a result of recent flooding in Queensland includes:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low 'honeymoon' home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
NAB Business Banking, Agribusiness and NAB Private Wealth customers affected by the floods are also eligible for support.
NAB Head of Agribusiness, Northern Australia David Brett said that the bank would continue to monitor the situation to ensure that we provide the best support to our customers and employees.
"We know that this is really difficult time for those affected and NAB wants to make sure that any customer who needs assistance, or advice, contacts us so that we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help," said Mr Brett.
NAB also wishes to advise that anyone wishing to donate to the Queensland Premier's Appeal can do so at any NAB branch.
For more information and assistance customers can visit their local NAB Branch, contact their banker direct or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599.
0457 551 211