5 April 2011
National Australia Bank (NAB) today announced that it would provide $250,000 to partner with Brisbane Basketball, and assist with the repair of the Brisbane Basketball Centre.
NAB QLD State General Manager, Russell Jansen said that NAB was pleased to be able to support repair of Brisbane Basket Centre, which is used by over 6,000 people each week.
“We are delighted to partner with Brisbane Basketball, which plays an important role in our community,” Mr Jansen said.
The Brisbane Basketball Centre houses an association of 2,400 senior members and more than 1,600 junior members. The Centre is also regularly used by local schools, social competitions and hosts state and national championships.
“Following the devastation of the both the floods and cyclone Yasi, NAB established a range of measures to provide assistance to our customers, staff and local communities.
“We know that in circumstances such as this, our support is needed and we are pleased to enter into this partnership which will help thousands of basketball players get back on the court,” Mr Jansen said.
NAB put in place the following measures to assist customers and communities who were affected by the natural disasters in Queensland:
- Established a $15 million assistance fund which can be used to provide ex -gratia payments to assist NAB customers who were not covered for the losses they suffered in the recent floods
- Pledged $4 billion in lending to support Queensland business and help them rebuild and recover
- Established a $1 million community support fund to support Queensland communities affected by the disasters
- Donated $1.25 million to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, which included a $450,000 in donation from NAB Staff, and a $800,000 donation from NAB
- Provided $1 million additional capital support commitment from NAB’s Queensland micro-finance program.
Media contact Meaghan Telford M: 0457 551 211