12 January 2011
National Australia Bank today announced that it would increase its donation to the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal to $350,000 and will now provide $650,000 to affected local communities. NAB is also matching any donation made by any NAB employee to the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal. In addition to this, NAB will also allocate $1 million of capital to further support its microfinance program, operating in the flood affected area.
“Our customers and our employees need our help and our support at this time, and we have put in place a range of measures to provide immediate relief to those affected,” said NAB Group Chief Executive Officer, Cameron Clyne.
“Like all Australians our thoughts are with those who have been personally affected. We encourage any affected customers to contact us so that we can discuss what would be the most assistance to them at this time,” Mr Clyne said.
NAB will continue to monitor the situation in Queensland regarding our support to customers, staff and local communities.
The following additional assistance measures are available to all affected NAB customers:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low 'honeymoon' home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
NAB also wishes to advise that anyone wishing to donate to the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal can do so at any NAB branch.
For more information and assistance customers can visit their local NAB Branch, contact their banker direct or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599.
Meaghan Telford 0457 551 211