14 January 2011
This information is being issued to help National Australia Bank customers impacted by the Queensland floods understand what assistance is available from NAB.
As an active member of the local community, National Australia Bank reminds all its customers affected by flooding that the phone lines are open to offer financial and emotional support throughout the crises, and when the waters subside.
NAB has a dedicated team in place focussed solely on the support of our customers, including specifically trained care teams to advise on available options, both financial and personal.
ATMs and financial support in evacuations centres
- NAB ATMs located within QLD postcodes identified as being impacted by floods will be made Direct Charge fee free for a period of two weeks commencing Saturday 15 January. This means that customers of all banks and financial institutions can access NAB ATMs without incurring a fee.
- NAB Mobile ATMs will be available for use in evacuation centres, and will be relocated to support communities without direct access to cash over the coming days depending on need. Again, customers of all banks and financial institutions can access these NAB ATMs without incurring a fee.
- A number of QLD branches will be open over the weekend to further support our customers – see list below.
The following additional assistance measures are available to all affected NAB customers:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low 'honeymoon' home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
Who to call for help:
- To talk about your personal circumstances and how we can help, please call our NAB Care team on 1800 701 599.
- NAB Small Business customers are invited to call 1300 961 577.
NAB customers experiencing personal hardship can access free counselling by professional counsellors. For more information, please phone 1300 360 364. Customers are offered up to six counselling sessions free of charge conducted in person or by phone.
National Australia Bank and its employees have donated in excess of $500,000 to Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal as well as an additional $650,000 to affected local communities. In addition to this, NAB will also allocate $1 million of capital to further support its microfinance program, operating in the flood affected areas.
Weekend Trading – The following branches are open this weekend (15/16 January)
|Saturday 156 Trading||Open||Closing Time|
|Morayfield||9.30 am||12.30 pm|
|North Lakes||9.30 am||12.30 pm|
|Chermside||9.30 am||12.30 pm|
|Brookside||9.30 am||12.30 pm|
|Strathpine||9.30 am||12.30 pm|
|The Range, Toowoomba||9am||12 midday|
|Toowoomba city||9am||12 midday|
|Wilsonton, Toowoomba||9am||12 midday|
|The Kiosk, Grand Central, Toowoomba||9am||12 midday|
|Sunday 16 Trading||Open||Closing Time|
Melissa Clare NAB Corporate Affairs 0412 866 361
Belinda Toward Cox Inall Communications 0402 012 531