5 April 2012
National Australia Bank (NAB) is launching a new multi-currency pre-paid card that will allow customers to load up to 10 currencies on the one card and lock in exchange rates before they travel.
And unlike other travel cards of the major banks, NAB will not charge its customers fees for using ATMs overseas.
Available at any NAB store in Australia from Monday 23 April, NAB Traveller Card will provide customers with greater security and flexibility to manage their money when travelling.
Serg Premier, NAB General Manager Deposits, said NAB is committed to helping customers manage their money more effectively with new products and services that are relevant to their individual needs.
“NAB Traveller Card has been designed around what our customers want and unlike the travel cards offered by the other major banks, NAB won’t charge its customers fees for using ATMs overseas,” said Serg.
With record numbers of Australians travelling overseas, the NAB Traveller Card will make it easy for customers to manage their money quickly and securely.
“Customers will be able to lock in exchange rates before they travel and know exactly how much money they have in the local currency to spend while they’re away,” said Serg.
Customers can easily manage their Card online by registering their Card details over at our travel centre to check transaction history and Card balances.
Customers can also conveniently reload their Card using BPAY® or at any NAB store.
The NAB Traveller Card will become NAB’s newest travel solution for customers.
NAB’s Gold Banking transaction account has previously been NAB’s premium travel product, however, from 10 August 2012, the overseas access fees on the NAB Gold Banking and NAB Gold Banking-Choice transaction accounts will be amended.
NAB will be contacting relevant customers with details of changes to NAB Gold Banking shortly.
Existing Gold Banking customers who are thinking about travelling can consider the NAB Traveller Card.
NAB Traveller Card features
- Chip and PIN protected, and not linked to a personal bank account
- Load up to 10 of the available currencies on the one Card and lock in exchange rates before travelling
- No ATM fees charged by NAB when withdrawing money on the Card overseas
- No point of sale (POS) fees charged by NAB when using the Card to pay for goods and services at over 32 million MasterCard® locations worldwide
- Receive a second Card upfront at no extra cost. A replacement Card is also provided at no additional cost if both Cards are lost or stolen
- Use it at over 1.9 million ATMs worldwide where MasterCard is accepted
- 24/7 global emergency assistance
- Reload money on your card using BPAY or at any NAB store. A NAB currency to currency foreign exchange rate will apply
- Initial card load fee and reload fee of 1% of AU$ equivalent load amount
- You don’t have to be an existing NAB customer to purchase the Card
- Unfortunately NAB cannot control what some merchants and ATM operators may charge for use of the card
More information can be found at www.nab.com.au/travelcard
Dianne Sarantakos M: +61 (0) 416 577 937
George Svigos M: +61 (0) 459 841 579
MasterCard® and the MasterCard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.