AM, BA, LLB, LLM (Harvard), FAICD
Jillian has been a Non-Executive Director since September 2004.
Jillian’s skills and experience include over 20 years as a lawyer and regulator. From 1997 to 2002 she was a commissioner of ASIC and Deputy Chairman from 2000 to 2002. She was Chairman of the Banking & Financial Services Ombudsman Board from 2002 to 2004. Prior to that she was an environment and corporate partner and consultant at Allen Allen & Hemsley and worked for Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York.
She is a Member of NAB’s Advisory Council on Corporate Responsibility.
Directorships and other recent offices held:
- Chairman, General Sir John Monash Foundation (Chairman since May 2010 and Director since February 2008)
- Chairman, Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce (NSW) (Chairman since March 2015 and Director since February 2013)
- Director, Garvan Institute of Medical Research (since June 2009)
- Deputy Chancellor, University of New South Wales Council (since January 2010 and Member since February 2006)
- Member, Sydney Opera House Trust (since January 2014)
- Member, Australian War Memorial Council (June 2014)
- Former Director, ASX Limited (from July 2003 to September 2015)
- Former Director, ASX Compliance Pty Limited (from July 2006 to September 2015)
Board Committee membership:
- Member, Risk Committee
- Member, Remuneration Committee
- Member, Information Technology Committee
- Member, Nomination Committee