BCom (Hons), PhD, DB h.c, FASSA, FAIIA
Ken has been Chairman since December 2015 and a Non-Executive Director since November 2011.
Kenneth’s skills and experience include over 30 years of experience in economics, policy and regulation, governance and leadership. He served as the Secretary of the Department of the Treasury from 2001 to 2011. From June 2011 until November 2012, he was special advisor to the Prime Minister with responsibility for leading the development of the White Paper on Australia in the Asian Century. He is a former member of the Board of the Reserve Bank of Australia, the Board of Taxation, the Council of Financial Regulators, the Council of Infrastructure Australia and was Chair of both the Howard Government’s Taxation Taskforce (‘A New Tax System’, 1997-1998) and the Review into Australia’s Future Tax System (the ‘Henry Tax Review’) commissioned by the Rudd Government (2008-09). He was made a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2007 and received the Centenary Medal in 2001. Ken is Co-Chair of NAB's Indigenous Advisory Group.
Directorships and other recent offices held:
- Chairman, Sir Roland Wilson Foundation, ANU (since February 2013, Director since May 2001)
- Director, ASX Limited (since February 2013)
- Director, Cape York Partnership (since May 2016)
- Governor, Committee of Economic Development of Australia (CEDA) (since November 2011)
- Member, John Grill Centre for Project Leadership's advisory board, University of Sydney (since November 2015)
- Member, Australia-China Senior Business Leaders Forum (since December 2015)
- Former Chairman, Advisory Council of the SMART Infrastructure Facility, University of Wollongong (from 2011 to August 2015)
- Former Chairman, The Institute of Public Policy at the Australian National University (ANU) (from July 2012 to November 2014)
- Former Member, Board of Reconciliation Australia (from July 2012 to September 2016)
Board Committee membership:
- Chairman, Nomination & Governance Committee