BCom (Hons), MBA (Dist), GAICD, SF Fin
Phil has been a Non-Executive Director since May 2016.
Phil has extensive experience in banking and finance, following a 35 year career of banking roles in Australia and New Zealand. In his most recent executive role, he was responsible for ANZ’s Australia division, with specific responsibility for ANZ's Retail and Commercial businesses.
Prior to joining ANZ, Phil had a long career at Westpac, where he established his reputation as one of Australia’s leading banking executives, in executive roles including Group Executive Westpac Institutional Bank and Chief Financial Officer. He has broad experience in M&A activity having led Westpac’s sale of AGC and acquisition of BT Financial and having played an active role in post-merger integration of various regional banks.
In addition, Philip has taken an active and public role in advocating for greater transparency and ethics in banking and promoting workforce diversity.
Directorship and other Offices held:
- Chairman, NSW Treasury Corporation (known as 'TCorp') (Chairman since June 2016, Director since November 2009)
- Director, Banking + Finance Oath (since February 2013)
- Director, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (since June 2015)
Board Committee memberships:
- Member, Risk Committee
- Member, Remuneration Committee
- Member, Nomination Committee