- It is now possible for a more beneficial capital gains position to be realised, allowing the entity to select security parcels available in any of the sub-portfolios of the fund.
- We offer Tax Parcel Optimisation (TPO) – a tax parcel matching methodology at a consolidated or entity level.
Benefits and features
Reduce tax leakage in multi-manager arrangements
Identify the tax impact of your investment decision before you trade
- Understanding the tax implications of investment decisions prior to executing trades can have a significant impact on the investment outcome for your investors.
- It is no longer difficult to implement a solution that will allow tax-aware investment to take place.
- Leveraging our strategic alliance with GBST Holdings Ltd. (GBST), we offer you access to pre-trade tax analysis via an effective tool, GBST’s tax analyser, allowing visibility of tax impacts on a pre-trade basis – thereby empowering tax-aware investing.
Why Tax Optimisation Services
- Our flexible service allows you to take up pre and post trade tax optimisation service offerings, separately or together.
- Low impact on your investment management arrangements.
- Relatively simple to implement and cost effective.
- Full integration with our wider tax administration & support services.
How it works
Tax Parcel Optimisation
- Your investment portfolios are enrolled within a TPO group within our post-trade tax solution.
- This allows ‘tax parcel selection’ to be calculated at the consolidated TPO group level (rather than calculating capital gains separately for each underlying Investment Manager portfolio).
- TPO therefore reduces any tax inefficiency resulting from the use of multiple investment managers without impacting their activities.
GBST Tax Analyser
- We conduct a series of transactional and valuation checks and then send your quality assured tax and position data via secure link to our strategic partner GBST.
- Our team provides up-to-date unrealised tax parcel valuation and transactional data to GBST daily, who then incorporates it within a tax analyser tool to provide pre-trade tax analysis directly to our clients and their investment managers.
- The investment manager can view the potential capital gains crystallised and loss of franking credits resulting from proposed sale trades.
- The data that the investment manager can view is limited to their holdings and not the detailed information of the complete fund or other fund managers’ positions.