For a balance transfer request to be considered you must complete the application form. The applicable balance transfer interest rate ('special promotion rate') and period ('special promotion rate period') are listed on the online campaign page.
Understanding the following terms will help you in your application:
- "You" is the person completing this balance transfer request.
- "NAB" is the National Australia Bank Limited.
- "NAB card account" is your NAB credit card account detailed on this form.
- "NAB card account terms and conditions" means the terms and conditions that apply to your NAB card account.
- "Nominated account" is any account from which you've requested a balance transfer on this form.
- "NAB Card Account Terms and Conditions" mean these special promotion balance transfer terms and conditions (and any terms applicable to the special promotion in promotional material).
Processing your request
When we approve this, we'll process each balance transfer request on this form and debit your NAB Card Account in accordance with your authority provided that:
- each balance transfer amount is $200 or more.
- the total of the balance transfer amounts is less than the available credit on your NAB card account at the time the balance transfer request is processed (we'll transfer balance transfer amounts in full or in part in the order they appear on this form)
- the nominated account(s) are non-NAB credit card or store card accounts issued in Australia (debit card accounts are not acceptable). They must not be in default (eg. overdue or over-limit) under their applicable terms and conditions on the date of this balance transfer request, or at the date request is processed
- no more than two balance transfers are permitted.
We won't offer 100% of your credit limit to be used as a balance transfer. And we may refuse any balance transfer request at our discretion.
Delay in processing
We're not responsible for any delay in processing your request whether this delay is at our end, or any other institution (including the issuer of the nominated account).
Balance transfer amounts
These amounts are designated purchases for the purposes of the NAB Card Account terms and conditions. The NAB Card Account terms and conditions, including all bank fees and charges and government charges and duties, apply to balance transfer amounts debited to your NAB Card Account in accordance with your authority.
Other transaction amounts
Transactions (other than the balance transfer amounts requested in connection with this special promotion) attract the purchase interest rate and cash advance interest rate you've been notified is applicable to the NAB Card Account.
Special promotion rate
The special promotion rate:
- only applies to balance transfer amounts transferred by us to your nominated account in relation to this special promotion.
- is charged from the date the balance transfer amount is debited to your NAB Card Account for the special promotion rate period, unless the amount is paid off earlier.
- if at the end of this special promotion rate period any portion of the balance transfer amount is owing, the outstanding balance transfer amount will be charged interest at the purchase interest rate you were notified is then applicable to your NAB Card Account.
Payments to the NAB Card Account
A payment to your NAB Card Account is applied to the highest interest rate balance first (after fees and interest charges). Your NAB Card Account terms and conditions set out the order for the application of payments.
Interest free days
Interest free days on purchases only applies when you pay your closing balance in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest-free days on your purchases while you have an outstanding balance transfer.
Your obligations in connection with any nominated account continue and you must pay any amounts due (in accordance with applicable terms and conditions). We will not close any nominated account. This is your responsibility.