Loan checklist – Applicant 1
What's your main purpose and objective for this loan?
- New car - a brand new car that has had no other owners.
- Used car - a second hand car that has had other owners in the past.
- Motorcycle / scooter - either a used or new motorcycle or scooter.
- Refinance NAB debt(s) - you have other NAB loans or credit cards you’d like to pay out with this loan. We’ll ask for more details, and your reason for refinancing.
- Debt consolidation - you have other loans, credit cards or store cards you’d like to pay out with this loan. We’ll ask you for a description of what you want to pay out, and your reason for consolidating debt.
- Household / personal goods - for example, a fridge, television, stereo etc.
- Boat / caravan / trailer – either a used or new boat, caravan or trailer.
- Travel / holidays - you want to pay for flights, accommodation, tours etc.
- Shares / other assets - any personal investment.
- Renovations / alterations - you want to renovate or update your home.
- Other - the reason you’re applying is not listed above. We’ll ask you for a description of what you want the loan for.
Will you use the loan for anything else? Tell us about your other/ purpose and objective.
If you’ll be using the loan for more than one thing, you can select another purpose here. Otherwise, leave as ‘no’.
Please tell us more about what you intend to use the funds for. (eg; purchase a home theatre system or payout loan with ABC bank $8,000).
Tell us about your financial goals, what you want to do with the money you borrow, and how you think it will change your financial situation. For example, "Consolidate debt to a lower interest rate and make fewer repayments" or "Buy a car and pay it off within 5 years", "Pay my loan off as fast as possible and invest in more property".
Based on the 'How to apply' information, this loan meets my needs (Call us on 13 13 12 if unsure.)
If you’ve read the ‘How to apply’ information, and believe this loan suits your needs, tick ‘Yes’. If you are unsure, call us on 13 13 12.
Select the option that best describes your current working situation.
Are you a permanent Australian Resident?
You're a permanent resident if you're a citizen or if you live in Australia and have either an Australian passport or a permanent visa.
Have you ever had, or are there any judgements, attachments or legal proceedings against you relating to financial matters?
You need to let us know about any time that your financial situation has led to:
- a legal judgement being made against you
- an attachment (eg. a judgement which transferred property of yours to another person who you were in debt to)
- legal proceedings being taken against you.
An example of the sort of situation we're asking about bankruptcy. If you answer "yes" we'll ask you for more details.
Have you had any difficulties in making your loan repayments in the past 2 years?
If you've missed, or had problems making, any loan or credit card payments in the past two years answer "Yes".
If you answer "Yes" we'll ask you for more information - for example the loan provider, type of loan, amounts you missed, when and why it happened, and whether the problem has been resolved or ongoing.
Do you foresee any major change to your employment, income and/or expenses over the next 12 months that will make it difficult for you to meet your financial commitments?
If you know of anything likely to happen in the next 12 months that will make it harder for you to meet your financial commitments (eg. make you loan and/or credit card repayments) occur in the next 12 months answer "Yes".
Are you 18 years or older?
You need to be at least 18 years old to apply for a personal loan.