We're committed to doing the right thing by our people – investing in their skills and capability to allow them to achieve their aspirations. We understand that our people are the key to our success and we’re committed to:
- Fostering a culture based on our beliefs and behaviours – Our beliefs unite us to do the right thing, help others and realise potential and are supported by a set of behaviours that ask us to always be authentic and respectful, work together and create value through excellence.
- Improving health, wellbeing and lifestyle – providing a safe and healthy work environment, as well as a range of benefits to ensure work/life balance
- Providing career development opportunities – supporting individual goals, providing career paths and ensuring performance is matched by reward
- Fostering a culture of achievement - through providing innovative learning opportunities
- Flexible working - providing real choices to manage the balance between work and personal life
- An inclusive workplace environment – creating a culture where men and women from an array of different backgrounds, generations and cultures feel genuinely included and valued.
- Creating opportunities for community involvement – through opportunities to work directly on community activities, providing support and processes to make this happen or by taking time to give back.
For the fourth year in a row, we have been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Women – the only of the large four banks to achieve this recognition in 2010.