Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points on everyday purchases with our lowest annual card fee on NAB Qantas credit cards.
Benefits of NAB Qantas Rewards Card
With a low annual card fee this is a good way to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points when you make an everyday purchase.
- Two cards on one account—the NAB Qantas Rewards American Express® Card gives you maximum points earning and the NAB Qantas Rewards MasterCard® gives you the convenience of worldwide acceptance at over 34 million locations.
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases up to $100,000 per statement period.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership (required to earn points).
- Purchase Protection Insurance.
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost. (You stay responsible for all use of the account.)
- Add Lost Card Cover.
Benefits of MasterCard
- Discover a unique collection of experiences exclusively for MasterCard cardholders with Priceless® Sydney and MasterCard Privileges.
- Use your NAB Qantas Rewards Card to make contactless purchases with MasterCard PayPass™.
- Shop online at any US or UK store, and receive discounted shipping to your Australian address with MasterCard and Borderlinx.
- Secure online shopping with MasterCard SecureCode.
- Emergency travel assistance from MasterCard Global Service, 24 hours, 7 days.
® MasterCard, the MasterCard brand mark and Priceless are the registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. PayPass is the trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Benefits of American Express
Your NAB Qantas Rewards American Express Card connects you to amazing offers and benefits, which you can tailor to your lifestyle and interests.
Register now at amexconnect.com.au and connect to:
- great offers from a range of retailers
- globaleshop, a shipping service for your purchases from US and UK online stores.
The NAB Qantas Rewards American Express Card is issued by National Australia Bank pursuant to trademark license from American Express.
Credit card key fact sheet
Our NAB credit card key fact sheet helps you compare NAB credit cards to other credit cards.
Rates and fees
Purchases: 19.99% pa.
Cash advances: 21.74% pa.
Balance transfers: 4.99% pa. for up to 6 months (read more about balance transfers).
Annual card fee: $65
Other fees may apply
Annual card fee and interest rates are subject to change. Correct as at 23 February 2013. View full details of fees and charges.
Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases and redeem them for rewards in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program including Award flights or a variety of products and vouchers in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store.
Earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points
Your NAB Qantas Rewards Card account has two cards. The NAB Qantas Rewards American Express® Card gives you maximum points earning and the NAB Qantas Rewards MasterCard gives you added worldwide acceptance.
Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases and redeem them for rewards in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Rewards include Award flights or a variety of products and vouchers from the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store.
Plus, earn 1 bonus point for every dollar you spend on your NAB Qantas Rewards Card on selected Qantas products and services, including eligible Qantas flights. (More information)
|Total spent on eligible purchases
per statement cycle (both cards)
|Up to $100,000 per statement period||1 point per $1||0.5 point per $1|
Points are capped at $100,000 spend per statement period.
Points will be allocated on a tiered basis. First on your NAB Qantas Rewards American Express Card spend, then on your NAB Qantas Rewards MasterCard® spend for the statement period.
Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership
To earn points you need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided NAB with your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number. You can join at qantas.com.au/joinffnab. All Qantas Frequent Flyer points are credited directly to your membership account, making it even easier to earn and redeem rewards.
If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, we've arranged for the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee to be waived when you join at qantas.com.au/joinffnab. That’s a saving of $82.50.
Once you have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number (obtained through qantas.com.au/joinffnab) you can include it in your credit card application. We'll link your cards to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account before we send them to you.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, visit qantas.com.au/frequentflyer.
Everyday purchases exclude:
- cash advances
- bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office
- purchases of travellers cheques
- transactions for gambling or gaming purposes
- when the card is used as a debit card to access linked accounts
- transactions we decide are wholly or partly for a business or investment purpose
- fees and charges (including government fees and charges)
- interest charges
- transactions which are disputed, fraudulent or involve abuse of your credit card account
- payments and purchases which are refunded or reimbursed.
Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions, which you can find on the Credit card terms and conditions. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and have provided NAB with your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com.au/terms. Points are earned on eligible purchases only. Award flight availability is limited and particularly so in the case of Classic Awards. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. Qantas Frequent Flyer store products are for delivery in Australia and New Zealand only.
Extra security when you shop online
MasterCard SecureCode is a way to add an extra layer of security when you shop online with participating retailers at no additional cost.
When you shop online with a participating retailer you may be required to provide extra information, which lets you know that your purchase will be protected. The requested information is used by NAB for the purposes of validation. The information you provide is not made available to the retailer. This security measure will provide assurance to you, the retailer and NAB that your card details are not being used in a fraudulent manner.
Once you've provided the requested information, NAB will validate the information, after which your purchase will proceed. Without the requested information, the store may not accept your payment.
Additional cardholders can also use MasterCard SecureCode, with their own card and personal information.
- Read more on MasterCard's website
- See Conditions of Use for Electronic Banking (cards based) Product Disclosure Statement
MasterCard®, the MasterCard® Brand Mark and SecureCode™ are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated.
Purchase Protection Insurance
Use your card to pay for a new personal retail item in full and if it's lost, stolen or accidentally damaged any time in the next 90 days you're covered for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
There are some limits and exclusions – see the Purchase Protection Insurance Policy Document (PDF 168kb). This insurance is supplied by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia.
Earning bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points
You will earn 1 Bonus Point for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (i.e. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction):
- Qantas flights;
- Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships; and
- Purchases from “Qantas Travel” customer shopfronts.
Unless otherwise notified, Bonus Points will not be earned in relation to purchases from: Qantas Freight; Qantas Holidays Limited; Qantas Business Travel Pty Limited; other businesses or franchisees of Jetset Travelworld Ltd; Qantas Staff Travel; Jetstar Airways Pty Limited; or other Jetstar-branded businesses, or for goods or services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners.
Lost Card Cover
For $61.95 a year you can have Lost Card Cover from Secure Sentinel.
Secure Sentinel offers to keep a confidential list of any cards that you'd want to cancel if you lost them. If you do lose any of those cards, Secure Sentinel will contact the issuer(s) to cancel the cards and help you order replacements. This is a 24 hour, 7 day service.
Secure Sentinel also offers:
- cover for any fraudulent use of the cards from the time you call them until they've called the card issuer
- help cancelling your Australian passport and organising a replacement from the nearest Australian Embassy
- an advance of up to $1000 cash for 30 days if your wallet is stolen (conditions apply)
- to temporarily block your mobile phone if it's stolen
- coded tags for your keys and luggage to help get them back to you if they're found
- registration of possessions you can identify through a serial number.
You can get more information, including the full terms and conditions (including terms and conditions) from Secure Sentinel on 1800 022 043.
Lost Card Cover is provided by Secure Sentinel Pty Limited. ABN 53 054 235 157 of 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.