Wednesday, 9 January 2008
National Australia Bank has announced a package of special relief measures for customers who have been affected by recent flooding in northern New South Wales and southern Queensland.
Chair of the NSW Leadership Team, Gary Turner, said NAB would assist its customers wherever possible.
“With severe floods affecting communities in both northern New South Wales and southern Queensland we wanted to make sure our customers knew NAB would be there to help wherever possible,” he said.
The package of relief measures NAB will consider for customers facing financial difficulty as a direct result of flooding includes:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving homeloan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low ‘honeymoon’ home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
“We would invite customers who have been impacted by these floods to contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help,” Mr Turner said.
“Customers can either contact their banker direct or call NAB on 13 22 65.”
In addition to these measures there are a range of Government exceptional circumstances payments available for business and agricultural customers affected by the floods. Business customers who have not already done so, should seek information and advice from their NAB business or agribusiness banker.
For further information, please contact: Rebekah Miles National Australia Bank Mob: 0400 541 139
* The information contained in this media release is for media advice purposes only. The contents are true and correct at time of publishing/issuing, however may change over time. For further information about NAB products or rates, please go to Interest Rates, Fees & Charges