30 December 2010
National Australia Bank wishes to advise its customers that it has established a package of relief measures for customers who have been affected by recent flooding in Queensland.
NAB Head of Agribusiness, Northern Australia David Brett said that NAB would provide assistance to customers and employees who had been affected by the Queensland floods
“We understand that in circumstances such as this, our customers and our staff need our support, which is why we have established a support package,” Mr Brett said.
The package of relief measures NAB will consider for NAB Retail and Homeside customers facing financial difficulty as a result of recent flooding in Queensland includes:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low ‘honeymoon’ home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
NAB Business Banking, Agribusiness and NAB Private customers affected by the floods are also eligible for support.
NAB is encouraging customers who have been impacted by these floods to contact the bank so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.
NAB also wishes to advise that anyone wishing to donate to the Queensland Premier’s Appeal can do so at any NAB branch.
NAB will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that we are to provide the best support to our customers and employees.
For more information and assistance customers can visit their local NAB Branch, contact their banker direct or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599.
0457 551 211