3 February 2011
National Australia Bank has today established a package of relief measures for all customers who have been affected by Cyclone Yasi in Queensland.
NAB’s Queensland State GM Richard Kennerley said that NAB is committed to supporting customers and employees who had been affected by Cyclone Yasi.
“We understand that at times like this our customers and our staff need our support, which is why we have established a support package for effected customers,” Mr Kennerley said.
NAB is encouraging customers who have been impacted by Cyclone Yasi to contact the bank or for business customers their banker, so we can discuss their individual circumstances and work out the best way to help.
Included in the package of relief measures that NAB will consider for NAB and Homeside customers facing financial difficulty as a result of Cyclone Yasi is:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low ‘honeymoon’ home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Special premium arrangements and concessions for customers with personal insurance (Life, Total and Permanent Disability, Critical Illness and Income Protection) who are suffering financial hardship.
NAB Business Banking, Agribusiness and NAB Private customers affected by the floods are also eligible for support.
NAB will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that we are to provide the best support to our customers and employees.
For more information and assistance customers can visit their local NAB Branch, contact their banker direct or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599.
Meaghan Telford - 0457 551 211
Sharon Keller - 0420 598 994