7 February 2011
National Australia Bank can confirm that a package of relief measures is available for all customers who have been impacted by bushfires in Western Australia, and flash flooding which occurred in Victoria over the weekend.
All NAB customers affected by the events are eligible for support and are encouraged to contact the bank, or for business customers their banker, so we can discuss their individual circumstances and work out the best way to help.
Included in the package of relief measures that NAB will consider for NAB and Homeside customers facing financial difficulty as a result of WA’s bushfires and VIC’s flash floods:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low ‘honeymoon’ home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Special premium arrangements and concessions for customers with personal insurance (Life, Total and Permanent Disability, Critical Illness and Income Protection) who are suffering financial hardship.
NAB will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that we provide the best support to our customers and employees.
For more information and assistance customers can visit their local NAB Branch, contact their banker direct or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599.
Meaghan Telford - 0457 551 211
Sharon Keller - 0420 598 994