18 January 2011
National Australia Bank has welcomed the establishment of the Red Cross Victorian Floods Appeal and has today announced an immediate pledge of a $150,000 to the appeal to assist Victorians affected by the floods
General Manager, Community & Corporate Responsibility, Tim O’Leary said that the bank was committed to providing support to customers and employees who have been impacted by the floods in Victoria.
NAB will also be extending its current package of relief measures to those impacted by the flooding in Victoria including:
- Suspending home loan repayments
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Providing existing customers with access to low 'honeymoon' home loan rates and waiving the application fee to change to another loan at expiry
- Waiving the establishment fee for restructuring business loans
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
“National Australia Bank reminds all its customers affected by flooding, whether it be in Queensland or Victoria, that the phone lines are open to offer financial support now and when the waters subside" said Mr O’Leary.
NAB also wishes to advise that anyone wishing to donate to the Red Cross Victorian Floods Appeal can do so at any NAB branch.
Affected customers should contact the NAB Care team to find out how we can provide assistance on 1800 701 599. NAB Small Business customers are invited to call 1300 961 577.
Media contact Meaghan Telford 0457 551 211