Wednesday 31 December 2013
National Australia Bank today announced that it had invoked its disaster relief package for customers who have been affected by Cyclone Christine.
“We know this is a really difficult time for our customers and our employees and that many people continue to face the real danger as a result of Cyclone Christine,” said Paula Benson, General Manager Corporate Responsibility.
“NAB wants to ensure that all employees, customers and communities know that when they need the support we will be there. Anyone who needs assistance or advice can contact us so we can discuss their circumstances and work out the best way to help.”
On Wednesday NAB made disaster relief measures available for cyclone affected customers in WA including:
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan fees and charges
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Provision of support and counselling through NAB’s Employee Assistance Program
National Australia Bank branches in Karratha and Port Hedland will remain closed today. Customers seeking further assistance and advice should contact NAB Care on 1800 701 599. Business customers should contact their banker.
For information and assistance on MLC insurance products call 132 652, or for NAB property and/or motor vehicle insurance products call Allianz on 1300 555 013.
M: +61 (0) 0457 551 211