NAB's natural disaster relief package available to customers affected by floods in Queensland and New South Wales
29 January 2013
NAB customers affected by the Queensland and NSW floods can access a range of relief measures as they continue to recover from ex-Tropical Cyclone Oswald.
While the storm has passed, subsequent flooding continues to cause widespread damage to parts of the state that were hit with the devastating 2011 floods.
All NAB customers affected by the events are eligible for support and are encouraged to contact the bank – business customers should contact their banker – to discuss their individual circumstances and work out the best way to help.
Included in the package of relief measures that NAB will consider for NAB and Homeside customers facing financial difficulty as a result of the floods are:.
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments for up to three months
- Waiving fees and costs for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan application fees
- Credit card and personal loan relief where appropriate
- Offering special premium arrangements and concessions for customers with MLC personal insurance who are suffering financial hardship
- Support and counselling through NAB’s Employee Assistance Program.
Anyone wishing to contribute to the recovery effort can make a donation to the Red Cross Queensland Floods Appeal 2013 at NAB branches across Australia, or through internet banking online at www.nab.com.au.
For more information and assistance on MLC insurance products call 132 652, or for NAB property and/or motor vehicle insurance products call Allianz on 1300 555 013.
For more information and assistance, customers can visit their local NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Care on 1800 701 599 for financial hardship assistance.
Meaghan Telford +61 457 551 211
Nick Higginbottom +61 477 342 075