Monday, 14 April 2014
National Australia Bank (NAB) has today announced financial support for customers impacted by Tropical Cyclone Ita.
Paula Benson, NAB General Manager Corporate Responsibility said: “Our thoughts are with the communities in far north Queensland who continue to be affected by extreme weather conditions.
“We would like all NAB customers who are experiencing difficulties to know that there is support available and encourage them to contact us to discuss their circumstances”.
The disaster relief measures available for cyclone affected NAB customers, where appropriate, include:
- Suspending home and personal loan repayments
- Waiving costs and charges for withdrawing term deposits early
- Waiving home loan and personal loan fees and charges
- Credit card and personal loan relief
- Support to restructure other existing bank facilities
- Provision of support and counselling through NAB’s independent provider
Customers seeking further assistance and advice should contact NAB Care on 1800 701 599 or visit nab.com.au/disasterrelief. Business customers should contact their banker.
For information and assistance on MLC insurance products call 132 652, or for NAB property and/or motor vehicle insurance products call Allianz on 1300 555 013.
For further information:
Media Nick Higginbottom M: +61 (0) 477 342 075
Kelly Quirke M: +61 (0) 427 208 478