What types of users can access the account?
Users in NAB Connect include:
- general user (principal)
- security officer (head contractor).
If you're the head contractor, you'll need to manage the project bank account in NAB Connect. You'll also need to give the principal viewing access to the project bank account in NAB Connect.
If you're the principal, you'll be given access by the head contractor to the project bank account in NAB Connect.
What can security officers (head contractors) do on NAB Connect?
Security officers play an important role in NAB Connect. They have the ability to:
- add or modify services, including user access
- add or modify accounts, cards and merchant facilities, including user access
- add or modify general or authorising users, including managing and approving breaches of payment limits for authorising users
- modify users contact details, primary contact person and postal address
- increase security settings including authorisation rules, segregation of duties, dual admin and transaction signing
- reset general user passwords and request replacement/reset of security devices for all users
- nominate the account to be debited for all NAB Connect and service fees and charges
- request to remove services, accounts, reports and other related items if no longer required
- access a report that includes details of all users and permissions.
What should principals have access to in NAB Connect?
As a general user, principals should be given access to:
- transaction history
- online statements
- direct credit - provides general users access to any of the ABA files uploaded on other accounts.
The minimum access level in NAB Connect is a general user who can view accounts and create/submit payments. A general user's capabilities in NAB Connect can be tailored by the security officer to viewing access only.