What types of users can access the account?
Users in NAB Connect include:
- general users (users who have 'view only' access)
- security officers, (usually the head contractor). The role the security user plays is outlined further below.
If you're the head contractor, you'll need to manage the project trusts in NAB Connect. If you wish, you may also give the principal viewing access to the project trusts in NAB Connect. If you're the principal, you'll be given access by the head contractor to the project trusts in NAB Connect.
What can security officers (head contractors) do on NAB Connect?
Security officers play an important role in NAB Connect. They can:
- add or modify services, including user access
- add or modify accounts, cards and merchant facilities, including user access
- add or modify general or authorising users, including managing and approving breaches of payment limits for authorising users
- modify users contact details, primary contact person and postal address
- increase security settings including authorisation rules, segregation of duties, dual admin and transaction signing
- reset general user passwords and request replacement/reset of security devices for all users
- nominate the account to be debited for all NAB Connect and service fees and charges
- request to remove services, accounts, reports and other related items if no longer required
- access a report that includes details of all users and permissions.
What should principals have access to in NAB Connect?
Following the introduction of the (Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 (BIFOLA) reforms which came into effect on 1 March 2021, principals are no longer required to be given access to project trusts.
If you wish to provide access to a principal, they are typically given access to:
- transaction history
- online statements
- direct credit - provides general users access to any of the ABA files uploaded on other accounts.
The minimum access level in NAB Connect is a general user who can view accounts and create or submit payments. A general user's capabilities in NAB Connect can be tailored by the security officer to viewing access only.