Capital financing delivers innovative funding solutions and the capability to connect our clients across global capital markets.
- Global financing solutions, with end-to-end capabilities and extensive local and international relationships with investors and issuers.
- Specialist originators in all infrastructure classes and subject matter experts in all specialised financing classes including infrastructure, renewables, and large ticket leasing.
- Market leading access to specialist investment solutions.
We are the bridge between issuers and investors and understand both deeply.
Our strong international relationships and knowledge of local markets let us deliver capital markets funding and investments throughout the world efficiently and effectively. Our truly international team includes dedicated specialists in Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York, Australia and New Zealand via BNZ.
Get in touch with us at Capital Financing
How we can help
Debt markets origination - bonds and syndicated loans
We help customers with their growth plans through debt capital market participation and connect them with the right investors, whether it’s a bond issued or a syndicated loan, locally or offshore. We are structured around the client with a view to providing a product agnostic approach to debt funding.
NAB has the largest aligned distribution capability, reaching both institutional and retail investors.
International debt capital markets and US Private Placement (USPP)
Our ability to take global clients to the USPP market and other offshore debt capital markets makes us one of the top cross-border USPP banks in the world. We’ve led more USPP transactions than any other Australian bank.
First Australian bank to offer an in-house USPP team
As global intermediaries we originate and execute bonds for financial institutions and other frequent borrowers. For each new bond issue we price, structure and co-ordinate the sale through all channels.
We're also specialist go-betweens, linking originators and distributors of corporate bonds and securitisation and negotiating the best results for issuers and investors.
Our team advises on, and structures and executes, securities transactions. We assist clients in raising funds from investors, using a portfolio of financial assets for security for all public and private transactions.
Our reputation as market leaders is backed by our broad cross section of collateral, performed on a private and public basis, including:
- trade receivable
- mortgages (both residential and commercial)
Recognised as KangaNews Australian Securitisation House of the Year 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
Our Specialised Finance team has the expertise, technical skill, industry specialisation, global relationships, and balance sheet to facilitate complex financings. We arrange and provide funding across a broad range of sectors – infrastructure, energy and natural resources.
Our team has a strong track record of delivering the right solutions for clients across industry sectors.
Asset Finance & Leasing
We arrange and fund secured asset financing over operationally critical mobile assets.
Our asset knowledge and sectoral expertise allows us to structure flexible funding arrangements to support our clients across the transportation (aviation, rail, maritime) and natural resources (mining, oil and gas) sectors.
Export Credit Agency
Our ECA team provides arranging and structuring capability for individual ECA programs to integrate ECA financing within traditional financing structures.
We draw on our deep understanding of ECAs to deliver the best results every time.
NAB Income & Investment Solutions
As Australia's population ages, investment appetite for income-based investment options and capital preservation is increasing. We match this demand for cash-flow security with market leading access to specialist investment solutions to middle market institutions, high net worth individuals, financial advisers, brokers and other intermediaries who manage client portfolios.
Our investment solutions cover
- NAB Term Deposits
- Tailored Deposits
- Fixed Income & Debt Securities
- Tailored Equity Solutions
- Property, Equity & Advisory
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Foreign Exchange
See more information on our NAB Income & Investment Solutions (NIIS) or all 1800 227 611.
- #1 for Overall Market Penetration for Debt Securities Origination ¹
- #1 for Relationship Strength Index⁴
- #1 for Creative Debt Raising Ideas²
- #1 for Overall Quality of Debt Capital Markets Service⁴
- #1 for Best Overall Advice on Debt Issuance Strategy⁴
- #1 for Strongest Domestic Distribution to Institutional Investors³ and Retail Investors¹ for Hybrid Securities
- Euromoney 2015 Awards for Excellence, Best Debt House Australia
- IFR Asia 2015 Country Awards Australia / New Zealand Bond House
- KangaNews Australian Securitisation House of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- KangaNews 2015 Australian Domestic Corporate Bond Deal of the Year, BHP Billiton
- KangaNews 2015 Offshore Corporate Bond Deal of the Year, APT Pipelines
- KangaNews 2015 Australian Listed Debt Deal of the Year, Crown Resorts
- KangaNews 2015 Australian Innovative Debt Deal of the Year, Rabobank Nederland
- FinanceAsia 2015 Australia / New Zealand Achievement Awards, Best Local Bond House
- FinanceAsia 2015 Australia / New Zealand Achievement Awards, Best Local Bond Deal, Australian Unity Simple Corporate Bond
- FinanceAsia 2015 Australia / New Zealand Achievement Awards, Best Project Finance Deal, Sydney Light Rail
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards 2015, APAC PPP Deal of the Year, Sydney Light Rail
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards 2015, Americas Transport Deal of the Year, Indiana Toll Road
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards 2015, Europe M&A Deal of the Year, Fortum Sweden