SMS Security provides extra security protection for:
- your personal information held within NAB Internet Banking
- the following protected payment types:
- BPAY® payments
- external transactions to a non-linked account
- external transactions to another financial institution in Australia and selected overseas countries.
How SMS Security works
Once you're registered for registered for SMS Security you'll receive a unique one-time SMS code to either your nominated mobile phone or landline when you attempt to make one of the protected payment types listed above. The code is randomly generated and is sent to your mobile phone or landline free of charge. You then enter the code within Internet Banking when prompted to authenticate and complete the payment instruction.
Note: When using SMS Security always confirm the details within the SMS are correct before proceeding with the transaction
The service is customised to minimise the impact to you by allowing you to:
- make certain small transfers to non-linked accounts to be submitted without an SMS code when the SMS Security authorisation limit is switched on
- pre-authenticate your trusted and regular billers (so you don't need an SMS code for any more payments to these billers)
- suspend SMS Security for 30 minutes by phoning NAB Internet Banking Support Team on 1300 651 656.
Note: In the above instances, you may still be required to authorise your payment instruction by entering your Internet Banking password.
Who will benefit from this security feature?
Generally, all customers who have the facility to pay accounts held with other financial institutions (pay anyone) or use BPAY® or want to transfer funds overseas will benefit from this added security feature.
What does it cost?
This service is currently being offered at no additional cost to you.
®BPAY is registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
- Register for SMS security
- SMS Security authorisation limit
- Matching SMS code to payments
- SMS Security message not received
- Using SMS Security overseas
- Changing your SMS details
- Receiving unexpected SMS Security messages
- SMS Security code validity
- Pre-authentication of a biller
® BPAY is registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518