Protect your computer with anti-virus software
Why is anti-virus software important?
Anti-virus software is designed to identify and remove malicious software (or ‘malware’) from a computer.
Malware is software that has been created to reduce the security of your computer. Malware can cause your computer to stop working correctly, perform tasks without you knowing, or allow other people to access your computer - giving them access to your information and online accounts.
We strongly recommend that all computers and devices have up-to-date anti-virus software. You can set your anti-virus to update automatically to protect your device from new threats.
More information about malicious software can be found on our security home page.
IMPORTANT: If you believe your computer is infected with malicious software, call us on 13 22 65 or visit your local branch immediately.
ANTI-VIRUS OFFERS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
If you’re a NAB customer, you can take advantage of the below anti-virus offers from three leading providers.
Disclaimer: No protection software will completely guarantee against unauthorised access or virus contamination, but it may increase the security of your computer systems.
These special offers for security software aren’t an offer or endorsement from NAB. Reference to a vendor's product is intended for explicit description only. Using the link will take you to a website external to our site. NAB does not receive commission from the sale of any software.
Free anti-virus software for Microsoft Windows users
Windows 10 has built-in protection with Windows Defender Antivirus.
Older versions of Windows
If you’re looking to protect a personal computer running an older version of Windows, like Windows 7, you can download Microsoft Security Essentials for free, real-time, comprehensive malware protection.
In order to best protect your computer from malware, Microsoft recommends keeping your operating system up to date.
McAfee and Webroot six-month free trials
These products from McAfee and Webroot are offered as a six-month free trial. After the trial, there is an option to purchase the software at a discounted rate.
McAfee® LiveSafe™ from Intel Security
- Secure all your household devices. Protect every PC, Mac, Tablet and smartphone you own.
- Comprehensive mobile security for data loss and theft.
- Password Manager – saves and remembers your online usernames and passwords, so you don’t have to.
- Get a 25% discount on the annual subscription of McAfee® LiveSafe™ – after the 6-month trial period.
- Downloads in seconds and scans in under 2 minutes.
- Extremely lightweight, will not slow down your PC.
- Automatically protects your personal and financial information.
- Fully compatible with other AV software.