- Quick and easy access to your money when you need it.
- Use NAB Internet and Telephone Banking, NAB branches, NAB ATMs (including rediATMs) and EFTPOS. Oh, and there's an optional cheque book.
Rates and fees
current standard variable rate
monthly account fees
Benefits and features
Flexible access to your money
Earn interest on every dollar
- Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. So your money is always working hard.
- The same interest rate applies to every dollar—regardless of your balance.
Open your account with $5,000
- You need an opening balance of at least $5,000.
- Once your account is open, there's no minimum balance.
Cost effective and convenient
- No monthly account service fee.
- It's easy to set up direct debits, direct credits and periodical payments.
Before you apply
How long will it take?
You can apply online right now. It takes less than 10 minutes and you don't have to be a NAB customer.
What should I know before applying?
- If you have a Financial Planner or Adviser, we suggest you talk to them about opening a NAB Cash Manager.
- You need to be 18 or over to apply online.
- You can apply for a single or joint account.
- If you're an existing NAB customer, you'll need your NAB ID number.
- You may want to provide your Tax File Number (TFN), though it's not required. However, if you choose not to provide these details, we're obliged to collect withholding tax on the interest you earn.
If the account is to be in the name of a Trust or Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF), you'll need the following:
- The name and address of the Trust/SMSF.
- The details of other NAB accounts for the Trust/SMSF, including you NAB Identification Number.
- You'll need to visit a NAB branch to finalise the opening of your account.
- Please note Trusts in a business name are ineligible to apply.
What happens after I apply?
- Once you've completed the form, you'll get a confirmation message—and automatic email (to the email address you provided)—to confirm we've received your application. We'll only use your email address in relation to your application.
- We'll mail you a Welcome Pack that has all the information you need about what to do next.
- If you aren't already a NAB customer, you'll need to complete a 100-point identification check before you can withdraw any money from your account.
- We'll never email you asking for your personal information (such as your account name or number).
- Online applications are protected by encryption so your details stay safe.