Privacy protection of information – (Privacy Act 1988 CTH)
Note: In this form ‘credit reporting agency’ includes more than one agency.
Acknowledgment and Authority that credit information may be given to a credit reporting agency.
I/we understand that Section 18E(8)(c) of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (‘the Privacy Act’) allows National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 (‘NAB’) to give a credit reporting agency certain personal information about me/us which I/we authorise NAB to do. The information which may be given to a credit reporting agency is covered by Section 18E(1) of the Privacy Act and includes:
- identity particulars as permitted by the Privacy Commissioner’s determination issued under Section 18E(3) of the Privacy Act
- the fact that I/we have applied for credit and the amount
- the fact that NAB is a credit provider to me/us
- payments which become overdue more than 60 days and for which debt collection action has started
- advice that payments are no longer overdue
- in specified circumstances, that in the opinion of NAB, I/we have committed a serious credit infringement
- that the credit provided to me/us by NAB has been discharged.
Authority for NAB to obtain certain credit information
To enable NAB to assess this application, I/we authorise NAB to obtain:
- from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal information about me/us in relation to personal credit provided by NAB
- from a credit reporting agency a credit report containing personal information about me/us in relation to commercial credit provided by NAB. This is in accordance with Section 18K(1)(b) of the Privacy Act
- a report containing information about my/our commercial activities or commercial creditworthiness from a business which provides information about the commercial creditworthiness of a person in relation to personal credit provided by NAB. This is in accordance with Section 18L(4) of the Privacy Act
- a report from a credit reporting agency and other information in relation to my/our commercial credit activities.
Authority to exchange information with other credit providers
In accordance with Section 18N(1)(b) of the Privacy Act, I/we authorise NAB to give to and obtain from credit providers that may be named in this application and credit providers that may be named in a credit report issued by a credit reporting agency information about my/our credit arrangements.
I/we understand this information can include any information about my/our creditworthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to give or receive from each other under the Privacy Act. I/we understand the information may be used to:
- assess an application by me/us for credit
- assist me to avoid defaulting on my/our credit obligations
- notify other credit providers of a default by me/us
- assess my/our creditworthiness.
Declaration and authority to disclose information
I/we declare that I/we have read and understand the particulars which have been completed in this form and declare that those particulars are true, complete and correct and have been provided to NAB to enable it to determine whether or not to provide to me/us a loan for which (as indicated) I/we hereby make formal application.
I/we declare that I/we have never been insolvent or committed any act of bankruptcy or entered into any composition or arrangement for the benefit of creditors.
I/we understand and confirm that a credit check may be undertaken as part of this application and that I/we have read and understood the above customer consent regarding the privacy protection of information.
I/we authorise NAB to provide its relevant service providers with the particulars I/we have included on this form and of the outcome of my/our application (such as whether it has been approved or declined) so that they can assist NAB to better manage and administer its products and services.
I/we acknowledge and agree that NAB may contact my/our current and/or former employer, accountant and if applicable, landlord/real estate agent and other referee/s to verify the details which I/we have provided on this form.
Where I/we have provided any identification document (e.g. passport, driver’s licence) to NAB in connection with this application, I/we authorise NAB to contact the authority that issued the document to verify the status of and any information contained in the document.
I/we declare that where I/we have provided personal information about an individual (such as an employer, accountant, relative, spouse/partner, solicitor or contact person) in this application, I/we have made or will immediately make the individual aware of that fact and:
- that their personal information has been collected by NAB to which this application is addressed for the purposes of providing me/us with the products or services the subject of this application (including assessing my/our application and identifying me/us) and managing and administering the products or services and protecting against fraud
- that their personal information may be disclosed to other organisations involved in the provision, management or administration of my/our products or services
- that I/we may not be able to obtain the products or services the subject of this application if that individual’s personal information is not provided
- that the individual can gain access to their personal information by contacting NAB
- give the individual NAB’s contact details
- give the individual a copy of NAB’s privacy notification brochure which contains additional information about the use and disclosure of their personal information (copies available on request).