With NAB for Amazon Alexa find out your account balances, how much is owing on your loans and credit card, or if you’ve received that payment you’ve been waiting for your friend to send. NAB for Amazon Alexa works across transaction and savings accounts, credit cards, personal loans and home loans through your Amazon Echo or other Alexa-enabled devices.
To start using the NAB Skill for Amazon Alexa, have your NAB app handy.
Enable NAB skill in Alexa
1. From Alexa, search for the NAB Skill in your Amazon Alexa app (From the menu, choose Skills then search for "NAB".)
2. Tap Enable to begin the setup process.
3. Enter your NAB ID (it's the 8-10 digit number you use to log into internet banking) then tap Continue.
Set up Alexa in the NAB app
4. Log in to your NAB app
You’ll be notified that the NAB for Amazon Alexa wants to link to your profile. Tap Continue to proceed with the authorisation.
Now tap The NAB Skill on Amazon Alexa from the list of Data sharing permissions you’ve previously linked your NAB profile to, then tap Authorise.
Helpful hint: If you didn’t receive a notification, choose Profile from the NAB app menu, then Data sharing permissions.
5. Approve access by reviewing and accepting the Terms and Conditions.
6. Create a 4-digit code
Note: To keep your NAB profile as secure as possible, choose a code which is different to your card PIN, NAB app passcode or telephone banking PIN.
Activate the connection in Alexa
7. Return to the Amazon Alexa app (or web browser) and tap Activate to finalising linking your profile.
Now, you’re ready to go! To get started, say, Alexa, open NAB.
Note: Please ensure you first securely link your Alexa enabled device to your NAB profile following the steps listed above before accessing your account information through the NAB skill by saying: “Alexa ask NAB…”.