Home loan indicative borrowing capacity
A number to dream with.
We’ve looked into it for you, and your indicative borrowing capacity – the amount of money we should be able to lend you – is $ .
It’s exciting, but be patient.
This number’s a guide, not a promise. So don’t take this letter to an auction. In fact, make sure to get your home loan approved before you make any sort of buying decisions. And remember, this amount doesn’t take into account any other costs associated with a loan, such as government and bank fees.
The first step is to complete a NAB Home Loan Application form. You can find one on our website or in store.
When you apply, you’ll need the following handy:
- How much you earn each month
- Details on your existing loans, such as personal loans, leasing and any other personal debts
- Information about any credit or store cards you might have, including your credit limits and current balances
- A summary of your savings and investments, including account details and credit balances
- Your landlord’s name and phone number (if you’re renting)
- A list of your assets, including investment properties, shares, cars, furniture and any other insured assets (and their value)
- Your insurance and superannuation details
- A summary of your living expenses, calculated by month
- Your driver’s licence number
- Your solicitor/conveyancer’s details
- An outline of your new/existing home, if you’re going to be offering it as security.
Need a hand?
We’re happy to help. So call us on 1300 341 901 (8am–7pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-5.30pm on Saturdays (AEST/AEDT)) if you have any questions.
All the best,
Some things to keep in mind.
The indicative borrowing capacity amount is an estimate of your borrowing limit. This estimate is based on the information you’ve given us, and it shouldn’t be confused with a formal offer of loan approval.
What’s more, it doesn't take into consideration any government grants (such as the First Home Owner Grant), Lender’s Mortgage Insurance, or the property you plan on offering as security for your loan.
NAB Direct Sales & Service
13 13 12 or nab.com.au