Schedule of Conditions of Entry
What is the name of the competition?
NAB Update Your Details Competition
Who is entitled to enter the competition (the "Entry Requirements")?
Entry is open to all NAB customers with an open Australian Transaction Account (and who is not an Ineligible Entrant) (Eligible Entrants).
Who is not allowed to enter the competition (the "Ineligible Entrants")?
- People who are not customers of NAB;
- Employees and contractors of NAB and immediate family members of employees and contractors;
- Employees and contractors of the agencies or companies associated with the competition.
What is the applicable State or Territory (the "Applicable State/s")?
How does someone enter the competition (the "Entry Method")?
To enter the competition and receive an entry in the Prize Draw, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- Must be registered for NAB Internet Banking;
- Login to their NAB Internet Banking and confirm, update or add their personal details to the ‘My Details’ page and
- Submit the changes through the 'Update' button found on the 'My Details' page.
An 'Eligible Entry' is an entry in which meets the Entry Method criteria and is made by an Eligible Entrant during the Competition Period (Eligible Entry).
When will the competition run (the "Competition Period")?
The competition starts on Monday 4th September 2017 at 12.01am Melbourne time.
Entries close on Sunday 5th November 2017 at 11.59pm Melbourne time.
How will the winner and runners up be chosen?
There will be one (1) Prize Draw.
The Prize Draw will be conducted using a random electronic draw system and will select ten (10) Eligible Entries to be the Prize Winners.
What is the maximum number of entries per Entrant (the "Maximum Number of Entries")?
One (1) eligible entry per customer during the Competition Period.
How many draws will there be (the “Number of Draws”)?
There will be one (1) Prize Draw.
What are the details of each prize (the "Prize")?
There are a total of ten (10) Prizes to be won.
Each Prize will consist of AUD$10,000 deposited into the Prize Winner’s nominated NAB Australian transaction account.
Do any special conditions need to be met for the winner to accept the prize?
The Prize Winner must have an open NAB Australian transaction account.
How are prizes to be claimed?
Upon Notification, the Prize Winners must nominate a NAB Australian transaction account to have the prize deposited in to by 7th February 2018. A Prize Winner providing their nominated NAB Australian transaction account details will be deemed as consenting to these Terms and Conditions.
What is the total value of all prizes?
AUD$100,000.00 (including GST).
How and when will the winner(s) be notified (the "Notification Method" and "Notification Date")?
Notification Method: The Prize Winners will be notified by the Promoter using their registered contact details in their NAB Internet Banking account both in writing via email and by telephone.
Notification Date: Tuesday 14th November 2017.
How and when will the winnings be published (the "Publication Method" and "Publication Date")?
Publication Method: The names of the Prize Winners will be published on nab.com.au
Publication Date: Friday 17th November 2017.
The names of the Prize Winners of any Unclaimed Prize Draw will be published on nab.com.au from Friday 23rd February 2018
Is there a fee for entry?
No, there is no entry fee.
What is the date, time and place of the draw (the "Draw Place, Date & Time")?
Place: Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141.
Friday 10th November
Time: 10am Melbourne time
When is the unclaimed prize re-draw date (the "Unclaimed Draw Date")?
If a Prize is won by an Eligible Entrant and they do not claim their Prize by 11.00am Melbourne time on Monday 12th February 2018, a random electronic re-draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter from all remaining Eligible Entries received during the Competition Period (subject to any directions from the relevant State and/or Territory Gaming Authorities) at the Place/Date/Time below.
Place: Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141.
Date Tuesday 13th February 2018.
Time: 12noon Melbourne time.
What is the permit number?
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/17248;
ACT Permit No. TP 17/01701;
SA Licence No. T17/1597.
Details of Promoter (NAB)
National Australia Bank Limited, ABN 12 004 044 937, 800 Bourke St Docklands VIC 3008 (NAB).
Conditions of Entry
- These Conditions of Entry must be read together with the Schedule. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the Applicable State/s who comply with the Entry Requirements (if any). Entries submitted by Ineligible Entrants are not accepted. If entry is permitted to persons under 18, those entrants must first obtain consent of their parent or guardian.
- The competition will be run during the Competition Period.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a winner does not take a part of the Prize at the time set by NAB, the winner will forfeit that part. NAB accepts no responsibility for changes in Prize value. If a Prize is unavailable, NAB will substitute it for one of equal or greater value.
- To enter, entrants must follow the Entry Method, noting any Entry Details, and submit their entries during the Competition Period. Entrants may only submit up to the Maximum Number of Entries.
- All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be entered into the draw and the winner will be drawn at the Draw Place, Date and Time listed in the Schedule. Where there is a multiple Number of Draws, the first valid entry randomly drawn will win the first Prize and subsequent Prizes will be drawn in descending order of value.
- If any Prize remains unclaimed in accordance with the Unclaimed Draw Date details in the above Schedule, an unclaimed draw prize will be held at the same Draw Place and Time as the original draw on the Unclaimed Draw Date. Where a Prize is no longer available, for example, because the date of an event has passed, the new winner will receive a Prize as determined by NAB of equal or higher value, subject to State regulation.
- In consideration for awarding a Prize to a winner, winners agree to participate in any promotional activity regarding winning the Prize and consent to their name and image being used in promotional material without payment.
- Where a Prize consists of travel, travel may be restricted to periods other than peak periods and must be booked and completed in accordance with any terms prescribed by NAB and/or the travel arranger. If the Prize is event based, travel must coincide with the event dates. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability. Winners and any travel companions are responsible for all other costs associated with the Prize including but not limited to meals, taxes, travel insurance and other ancillary costs. If the Prize involves overseas travel, winners and any travel companions are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary documents such as valid passports and visas, should consult their medical practitioner and check travel warnings with the relevant authorities (eg DFAT) prior to travel. NAB is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of travel or any costs incurred by the winner and any travel companion as a result.
- Entrants acknowledge that there may be some inherent risks in some aspects of using the Prize and that it is their responsibility to ensure that they are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to undertake activities associated with the Prize. It is a condition of accepting such Prize that upon request the winner will sign a legal release in favour of NAB and/or the issuer of the Prize and the agencies associated with the competition.
- Winners will be notified on the Notification Date by the Notification Method described in the Schedule and their names published by the Publication Method and on the Publication Date.
- NAB may request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated Prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of NAB.
- NAB does not warrant and makes no representations that any Prize will be fit for any purpose or will be of merchantable quality. If liability under any terms implied at law cannot be excluded, the liability of NAB and its associated agencies is limited to the re-supply of the Prize or the cost of its re-supply.
- Entries must be received during the Competition Period. NAB has no control over telecommunications networks and accepts no responsibility for problems associated with them. Entries are deemed received at the time of receipt into NAB’s database, not at the time of transmission. Entries submitted using any form of automated entry device or software are ineligible. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry will be deemed invalid. NAB accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, delayed, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries whether due to error, omission, alteration, deletion, destruction, transmission interruption, tampering, theft, destruction failure or otherwise. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion is affected for any reason, NAB may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, change or suspend the competition. NAB may disqualify any individual who tampers (or benefits from the tampering) with the entry process or the conduct of the competition or who has, in NAB’s opinion, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading or generally damaging to the reputation of NAB or has breached these Conditions of Entry.
- NAB will not be liable for any loss (including without limitation, consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with entering the competition or using the Prize, except any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and if so, that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- NAB accepts no responsibility for the tax implications of Prize winnings. If entry is limited to NAB employees and contractors and the Prize value is over $2000, NAB will pay any FBT payable on Prize winnings. Where the total of benefits (including Prizes) received by an entrant during an FBT year exceeds $2000, this amount is required to be grossed-up and reported on their payment summary. Winners should obtain independent tax advice to determine how this may affect their circumstances.