One in five Australians has a disability. That's four million people – or 15% of the entire working population.
With a number like that, it's no surprise that accessibility is more important than ever in terms of our products, our branches and our offices.
Our Accessibility Action Plan is a big part of our inclusive culture and our vision to continue improving accessibility for our people and customers with disabilities.
Where we've come from
Since the Accessibility Action Plan was first launched in 2012, we've come a long way. And today, we're just as committed to its objectives:
- Making our premises and financial services more accessible.
- Considering the needs of people with disabilities when we’re developing new products and services.
- Ensuring our people are more aware of our customers with disabilities – and more confident when it comes time to help them out.
- Continuing to foster a supportive, inclusive culture here at NAB, so our people with a disability can realise their potential.
- Providing ongoing support through our community engagement programs.
Where we're going
With the 2015-16 Accessibility Action Plan, we're just as focused on improving accessibility for our people, our customers and our communities – and in getting long term results. To do this, we'll:
- focus on making our customer experience better than ever
- recruit more people with a disability
- continue to raise disability awareness, with a number of initiatives across the organisation
- keep supporting the community through corporate responsibility and sponsorship initiatives.
Accessibility recruitment consultants
We know that sometimes we might need to look at the way we recruit, or the way we work, so that people with a disability have the opportunity to be their best. That's why we have a dedicated team to help out with every stage of the recruitment process - and after that, too.
For deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired people, call through to the National Relay Service:
- TTY/Voice: 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 152 015
- Speak and Listen: 1800 555 727 and ask for 1800 152 015