Our Group Supplier Sustainability Program identifies and seeks to mitigate sustainability risks within our supply chain. A key component of the Program is our Group’s Supplier Sustainability Principles (GSSPs), which specify the sustainability requirements for suppliers providing goods and services to our businesses.
Our procurement process clearly informs potential suppliers of our expectations, policies and requirements, and outlines our preference to do business with suppliers that have sustainable business practices. Read our Group Procurement Policy.
All supply contracts put out to tender are evaluated against a pre-determined evaluation matrix that includes any relevant Corporate Responsibility and sustainability criteria, so we can meet our commitments to OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Our group-wide sustainability target is to have 90% of our material suppliers as signatories to our Group Supplier Sustainability Principles by 30th September 2016.
We updated the Group Supplier Sustainability Principles in 2012 and again in 2015 to reflect our evolving sustainability agenda. The Program involves the following key objectives:
- Implement Supplier Sustainability Principles
- Monitor compliance with Supplier Sustainability Principles
- Initiate sustainability improvements with suppliers
- Support and recognition of supplier performance
- Report on performance
More detail about our program, including our frequently asked questions, and the Purchase Order Terms and Conditions are all available.
Australia's Sustainability Targets
In addition to ensuring 90% of our material supplier are signatories to our GSSPs by 30 September 2016, we have also set the following Australian targets:
- Complete an ESG (environmental, social and governance) risk assessment of 75% of our high risk category suppliers by 30th September 2016.
- Implement sustainability action plans with 75% of our high ESG risk supply chain partners by 30th September 2016.
Supplier Sustainability Program in our regions
Click on the links below to learn more about what each of our businesses is doing.