Bank online with confidence
SMS Security is our free and easy online security service. With SMS Security, you'll get extra security protection and additional features when you use NAB Internet Banking, including:
- notification of any unauthorised payment attempts from your account
- a higher daily limit (up to $20,000)
- pre-authorisation of your regular billers and payees
- online international payments
- update your contact details and reset your passwords online.
How SMS Security works
We’ll send you a unique authorisation code to your mobile phone when you transfer funds to someone else's account via NAB Internet Banking. Simply enter the code and you're done! This way, your online accounts stay secure even if your NAB ID and password fall into the wrong hands.
And if someone attempts an unauthorised payment from your account, we'll alert you via SMS. If this happens, just call our security specialists on 1300 651 656 and we'll take care of it – now that's peace of mind.
An authorisation limit
To provide greater convenience to you when using Pay anyone to transfer funds you can switch on the daily SMS Security authorisation limit. The daily authorisation limit allows certain small funds transfers to be verified using your NAB Internet Banking password instead of receiving an SMS Security code. The daily authorisation limit will be set at $300 but may change from time-to-time to improve customer security and provide greater convenience. You can choose to switch the daily authorisation limit off so that an SMS will only be required the first time you transfer funds to a payee, regardless of the amount.
Register for SMS Security
1. Log in to NAB Internet Banking and select SMS Security from the My settings menu.
2. Click on Register now and confirm that your mobile number is correct. If it's wrong or we don't have a mobile number for you, just call us on 1300 651 656 or International on +61 3 8641 9886. Select option 1 after entering your NAB ID and telephone banking password.