- Apply quickly and easily online or over the phone.
- Get cover within minutes.
Benefits and features
Straight forward and simple
Get money paid quickly
- Get up to $10,000 in advance for funeral expenses.
- Get a lump sum payment of up to $1 million.
Connect with leading medical specialists
What you need to know
1. I’m a NAB customer so why am I being offered a product by MLC?
MLC is a life insurance company and is a part of the wealth management division of the NAB Group. MLC is the insurer and the issuer of NAB Essentials and has been providing life insurance to Australians for over 125 years.
2. What is AEGON?
AEGON Direct & Affinity Marketing Services ('AEGON') specialises in the marketing and distribution of life risk insurance products. AEGON have been authorised by MLC to administer life insurance policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC. For more information, view AEGON Financial Services Guide (PDF, 41KB).
3. How do NAB, MLC and AEGON fit in together?
MLC is the insurer and is the issuer of the Essentials suite of insurances (which is NAB-branded). MLC is part of the wealth management division of the NAB Group. AEGON administers the policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC.
4. Who collects my information?
5. I have a query about NAB Essentials: who do I call?
If you have a question or query please call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
6. What do I do if I want to change my level or cover?
With NAB Essentials, your policy is flexible. If you want to change your cover all you need to do is call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
7. I’m having trouble with my premium payments: what do I do?
If you're experiencing troubles with your premiums—for example, if you’ve missed one—please call us on 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT) and we'll work something out.
8. Who deals with my claim?
AEGON will handle claims on behalf of MLC. MLC oversees the claims process to ensure that claims are managed as quickly as possible.
How to make a claim
It’s easy to make a life insurance claim
Follow these three simple steps:
- Call 1300 411 535.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit your claim.
After your claim's assessed, we'll advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
For further information on your claim, call 1300 411 535.
1 Terms, conditions & exclusions
To be eligible for the $100 Visa Gift Card incentive, you must purchase NAB Essential Life or NAB Accidental Death Insurance between 1 July and 30 September 2016 11.59pm. If approved for NAB Essential Life insurance, a minimum premium of $20.00 per fortnight or $40.00 per month applies at the time of purchase. Minimum premium is applicable for NAB Essential Life only.
You can have only one policy, either NAB Essential Life or NAB Accidental Death. You are not able to apply or complete an application on behalf of others. If you do, that policy will be cancelled from inception and no incentive will be paid. Customers purchasing multiple policies will only receive one Gift Card and the second or any subsequent policy will be cancelled and premium(s) refunded. Existing Essential Life policy holders are excluded from this offer.
The Gift Card will be sent in the mail to the primary applicant’s mailing address within 55 days after the commencement date of the NAB Essential Life or NAB Accidental Death Insurance policy subject to (i) the policy not being cancelled or lapsed within the first 40 days; and (ii) all premium payments being made during that period.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
- For more information on the NAB Essentials range, call us on 1300 133 252 or read the NAB Essentials Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 769KB).
- If you’d like more comprehensive and individually tailored insurance, speak to a NAB Financial Planner on 1300 558 863.
- Through MLC, policyholders with NAB Essential Life, NAB Essential Injury, NAB Essential Critical Illness and NAB Accidental Death can access Best Doctors®.
- You can only have one policy for each Essentials insurance. If you’re an existing customer, please call 1300 133 252.
- MLC Limited (MLC) ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694 is the issuer of NAB Essentials insurance which has been branded by National Australia Bank Limited (NAB) ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL 230686.
- The insurance policy is not a deposit with or a liability of NAB, or any other related bodies corporate of NAB (other than MLC as insurer). MLC is not an authorised deposit-taking institution. Neither NAB, nor its related bodies corporate (other than MLC) provide any form of guarantee or accept any liability for the issuance of this product. MLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NAB and is part of the wealth management division of NAB Group. MLC is the issuer of this Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and takes full responsibility for the whole of the PDS. In providing this information, neither NAB or MLC has taken account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this you should consider whether the information in this PDS is appropriate having regard to your situation.
- Please note that if you click 'Get a quote', you’ll be re-directed from NAB's website to a NAB-branded website operated and controlled by AEGON Direct & Affinity Marketing Services Australia Pty Ltd who has been authorised by MLC (a NAB Group company) to arrange life insurance contracts and deal with claims on MLC’s behalf. By clicking ‘Get a quote’ you acknowledge that NAB does not accept responsibility for the operation of the AEGON website. View AEGON Financial Services Guide (PDF, 41KB).