- Apply quickly and easily online or over the phone.
- Get cover within minutes.
Benefits and features
Straight forward and simple
Get money paid quickly
- Get up to $10,000 in advance for funeral expenses.
- Get a lump sum payment of up to $1 million.
Connect with leading medical specialists
What you need to know
1. I’m a NAB customer so why am I being offered a product by MLC?
MLC Limited (MLC) is the insurer and the issuer of NAB Essentials and has been providing life insurance to Australians for over 125 years.
2. What is Aegon?
Aegon Insights Australia Pty Ltd ("Aegon") specialises in the marketing and distribution of life risk insurance products. Aegon have been authorised by MLC to administer life insurance policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC. For more information, view Aegon Financial Services Guide (PDF, 51KB).
3. How do NAB, MLC and Aegon fit in together?
MLC is the insurer and is the issuer of the Essentials suite of insurances (which has been branded and distributed by NAB). MLC Limited uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Aegon administers the policies and deal with claims on behalf of MLC.
4. Who collects my information?
5. I have a query about NAB Essentials: who do I call?
If you have a question or query please call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
6. What do I do if I want to change my level or cover?
With NAB Essentials, your policy is flexible. If you want to change your cover all you need to do is call 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT).
7. I’m having trouble with my premium payments: what do I do?
If you're experiencing troubles with your premiums—for example, if you’ve missed one—please call us on 1300 411 535 between 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri (AEST/AEDT) and we'll work something out.
8. Who deals with my claim?
Aegon will handle claims on behalf of MLC. MLC oversees the claims process to ensure that claims are managed as quickly as possible.
How to make a claim
It’s easy to make a life insurance claim
Follow these three simple steps:
- Call 1300 411 535.
- Fill out the form.
- Submit your claim.
After your claim's assessed, we'll advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
For further information on your claim, call 1300 411 535.
Terms & Conditions
- Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
- For more information on the NAB Essentials range, call us on 1300 133 252 or read the NAB Essentials Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 769KB).
- If you’d like more comprehensive and individually tailored insurance, speak to a NAB Financial Planner on 1300 558 863.
- Through MLC, policyholders with NAB Essential Life, NAB Essential Injury, NAB Essential Critical Illness and NAB Accidental Death can access Best Doctors®.
- You can only have one policy for each Essentials insurance. If you’re an existing customer, please call 1300 133 252.
- MLC Limited (MLC) ABN 90 000 000 402, AFSL 230694 is the insurer and issuer of this insurance NAB Essentials which has been branded and distributed by National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686 (NAB).
- MLC Limited may pay benefits to NAB and its related bodies corporate for the distribution of this product.
- This insurance is not a deposit with, a liability of, or guaranteed by NAB. MLC Limited uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies. Any financial advice in this notice is general only and has not been prepared having regard to your personal circumstances. You should consider your personal circumstances before acting on any advice in this notice. You should consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available at nab.com.au or by phoning 1300 133 252 before deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold the product.
- Please note that if you click 'Get a quote', you’ll be re-directed from NAB's website to a NAB-branded website operated and controlled by Aegon Insights Australia Pty Ltd ("Aegon") who has been authorised by MLC to arrange life insurance contracts and deal with claims on MLC’s behalf. By clicking ‘Get a quote’ you acknowledge that NAB does not accept responsibility for the operation of the Aegon website. View Aegon Financial Services Guide (PDF, 51KB).
1Competition and travel voucher terms and conditions
The travel voucher competition is offered by MLC Limited of 105-153 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW. Competition terms and conditions apply. By purchasing a NAB Essential Life policy during this promotion you agree to be bound by the competition and travel voucher terms and conditions. Download a copy of our Travel voucher terms and conditions. Upon purchasing a NAB Essential Life policy between 17 October 2016 and 2 December 2016 (AEDT 11.59pm), you’ll be automatically entered into this competition. If you do not wish to participate your name will still be included in the competition draw but you will not be eligible to win the prize.
There are seven prizes of $10,000 travel vouchers (being one prize per banking region separated as Western Australia, South Australia & Northern Territory, Queensland, Northern New South Wales, Southern New South Wales, Western Victoria/Tasmania and Eastern Victoria (‘Regions’)), with the total prize pool valued at $70,000. There will be 7 prize draws, one in each Region. The seven draws will take place at 10:30am (AEDT) on 12 December 2016 at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) days of the draw and will have their names and State/Territory of residence published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on 19 December 2016. Competition authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/ 07535, ACT Permit No. TP/16/ 01866, SA Permit No. T16/1698