- Foreign currency cash can be bought (or exchanged) at all our branches, by NAB and non-NAB account holders alike.
Rates and fees
fee on all transactions2
Benefits and features
- ATM and EFTPOS machines are not everywhere. Especially when you really need them.
- Cash is often the only option for incidentals like taxi fares, street food – or those incredible deals at the local market.
- Foreign currency cash is one of the cheapest ways to take money overseas. No ATM or EFTPOS fees.
Currencies we offer
From Brazil to Brunei, Chile to China, India to Indonesia, we’ve got you covered. We have over 50 different currencies available to buy or sell – and tradeable at any NAB branch.
If we don’t have the currencies in stock, we’ll order them in for you – usually for the next business day3.
We don’t buy:
- Egyptian Pound (EGP)
- Solomon Islands Dollar (SBD)
We don’t sell:
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- Western Samoa Tala (WST)
- NAB can only purchase foreign currency notes in the currencies we deal in – this list changes from time to time. You may also be charged a foreign exchange conversion fee at out applicable exchange rate – please contact us for more details. We may charge a foreign exchange conversion if we buy from you, the applicable exchange rate determined by NAB.
- Excludes deposits or withdrawals from foreign currency accounts. Currencies subject to availability. Limitations on the sale and repurchase of certain currencies may apply. Subject to NAB and Travelex foreign exchange margins.
- Orders for next day delivery must be received by NAB before 2pm AEST, Monday to Friday. Certain locations may take longer.