- We charge a $3.75 withdrawal fee, but no balance enquiry fee1.
- ATM owners may charge their own fees.
Rates and fees
initial load fee
overseas NAB ATM fees
ATM fees for use in Australia
ATM fees for use in overseas
- We don’t charge a fee to withdraw funds or get a balance enquiry from overseas ATMs.
- ATM owners may charge their own fees.
Point of Sale (POS) fee
- We don’t charge a fee, though some operators may charge you a fee.
Currency conversion - fees and exchange rates
Foreign currency conversion fees and exchange rates apply when:
- You use the card to make a transaction (ATM, point of sale, internet or phone) and the card does not hold the currency.
- A fee is charged to the card in a currency not on the card.
Currency conversion exchange rates also apply when:
- Funds are moved from one currency to another currency on your card.
There are other instances when these fees and rates will apply. To learn how your NAB Traveller Card works, refer to section 7 of our NAB Traveller Card Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions (PDF, 327KB).
Benefits and features
Pay like a local
- Your NAB Traveller Card is chip and PIN protected.
Easy and secure card control
- Manage, check, transfer and reload your card 24/7 through NAB Internet Banking2.
- If you don’t use NAB Internet Banking or need to register your card, login to My Account.
- You can also reload via BPAY® or at any NAB branch.
One card - 10 currencies
- Load up to 10 different currencies onto your card. Use these currencies wherever they’re accepted1.
- You can move funds from one currency to another currency using NAB Internet Banking3. Our currency-to-currency foreign exchange rate applies.
Use anywhere you see the MasterCard® logo
- Withdraw cash from 2.1 million ATMS – anywhere displaying the MasterCard logo.
- Use your card wherever MasterCard is accepted. 34.5 million locations worldwide4.
Keep ‘til next time
- When your holiday ends, transfer your leftover funds – and keep your card open and ready to go for next time.
Currencies we offer
You can load and use any of these 10 currencies to your NAB Traveller Card
- Australian Dollars – AU$
- US Dollars – US$
- Great British Pounds – GB£
- Euros – EU€
- Canadian Dollars – CA$
- New Zealand Dollars – NZ$
- Japanese Yen – JP¥
- Singapore Dollars – SG$
- Hong Kong Dollars – HK$
- Thai Baht – THß.
If you don’t have the local currency (or enough of it) on your card, it’ll automatically use the remaining funds of the other currencies (in the order listed above)5.
You can move funds from one currency to another currency using NAB Internet Banking or My Account3. Our currency-to-currency foreign exchange rate applies.
Your loading and reloading limits
- Your NAB Traveller Card can cover most contingencies. Here’s a list of your loading – and spending – minimums and maximums3.
- Minimum load/reload – AU$50 per load (or currency equivalent).
- Maximum – in-branch or NAB internet banking – load/reload – AU$45,000 per load (or currency equivalent).
- Maximum BPAY reload - AU$25,000 a day (or currency equivalent).
- Maximum card balance over any consecutive 12-month period – AU$45,000 (or currency equivalent).
- Maximum ATM withdrawals over any 24 hours – AU$3,000 (or currency equivalent).
- Maximum value of all transactions over 24 hours – AU$7,000 (or currency equivalent).
- Each card’s CHIP-protected and has its own 4-digit PIN.
A backup card
- A complimentary secondary card to keep in reserve in case your primary card’s lost or stolen.
A replacement card
- If you need a new card, we’ll rush you a replacement at no cost. Wherever you are.
Rates, fees and limits apply. Please refer to the NAB Traveller Card Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions (PDF, 327KB) before making any decisions regarding this product. NAB's the product issuer.
1 Withdrawals and transactions: Some operators and merchants may directly charge a fee. Daily transaction and ATM withdrawal limits apply. Transactions and fees that require a currency conversion are calculated using MasterCard foreign exchange rates and are subject to NAB’s Foreign Currency Conversion fee.
2 Loading and reloading your card: Load and reload fees and limits apply. Funds loaded via NAB Internet Banking will be available immediately. The foreign exchange rate quoted is NAB’s Currency-to-Currency foreign exchange rate. Allow 2-3 Australian business days for funds reloaded via BPAY to appear on your card. The exchange rate that’ll be applied is the rate at the time of processing, not when the BPAY transaction is initiated. Reloads are calculated using the NAB Currency-to-Currency foreign exchange rate. For further information see the NAB Traveller Card Product Disclosure Statement and Terms and Conditions (PDF, 327KB).
3 Currency conversions: The NAB Currency-to-Currency foreign exchange rate will be applied.
4 Restrictions: NAB Traveller Card cannot be used for money transfers or for accessing or purchasing goods from adult or gambling Internet sites (when correctly identified), and must not be used for any unlawful activity. You must comply with all laws and regulations (including any foreign exchange controls) in respect of the card in the country of purchase and/or use. In addition, the NAB Traveller Card cannot be used in some restricted countries (currently Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Sudan).
5 Currency conversions: Transactions and fees that require a currency conversion are calculated using MasterCard foreign exchange rates and subject to the NAB Foreign Currency Conversion fee.
® MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
® BPAY is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.