Special offer: 1% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 12 months. Apply by 30 August 2013.
Benefits of NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card
Our best way to maximise Qantas Frequent Flyer points. You’ll also enjoy the recognition and benefits of platinum.
- Special offer: 1% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 12 months. Apply by 30 August 2013. Find out more
- Our fastest way to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases up to $100,000 per statement period.
- Two cards on one account—the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium American Express® Card gives you maximum points earning and the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Visa card gives you added worldwide acceptance.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership (required to earn points).
- Use your Visa card to make contactless purchases with NAB Visa payWave.
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost. (You stay responsible for all use of the account.)
Benefits of Platinum
- Seven complimentary insurances—see Insurance tab for details.
- NAB Platinum Concierge Service—Your own 24 hour, 7 day personal assistant.
- Access to our 24/7 NAB Service Centre.
- VIP Lost Card Cover, complimentary for the first 12 months.
Benefits of Visa
- Use your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Visa card to make contactless purchases with NAB Visa payWave.
- Special offers on shows, events, experiences and movies from Visa Entertainment.
- Emergency travel assistance from Visa Global Customer Assistance Services, 24 hours, 7 days.
- Secure online shopping with Verified by Visa.
Benefits of American Express
- entréTM brought to you by American Express. Open the door to a world of privilege, complete with special offers and travel and leisure possibilities. Begin your journey by visiting entré.
Your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium American Express Card also connects you to amazing offers and benefits, which you can tailor to your lifestyle and interests.
Register now at amexconnect.com.au and connect to:
- great offers from a range of retailers
- globaleshop, a shipping service for your purchases from US and UK online stores.
The NAB Velocity Rewards American Express Card is issued by National Australia Bank pursuant to a trademark license from American Express.
Credit card key fact sheet
Our NAB credit card key fact sheet helps you compare NAB credit cards to other credit cards.
Rates and fees
Purchases: 19.99% pa.
Cash advances: 21.74% pa.
- Special offer: 1% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 12 months. Apply by 30 August 2013. Find out more
- (read more about balance transfers)
Annual card fee: $250
Other fees may apply
Annual card fee and interest rates are subject to change. Correct as at 23 February 2013. View full details of fees and charges.
Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases and redeem them for rewards including flights, accommodation and entertainment.
Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points
Your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card account has two cards. The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium American Express® Card gives you maximum points earning and the Visa card gives you added worldwide acceptance.
Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on everyday purchases and redeem them for rewards in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Rewards include Award flights or a variety of products and vouchers from the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store.
Plus, earn 1 bonus point for every dollar you spend on your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card on selected Qantas products and services, including eligible Qantas flights. (More information)
|Card||Earn rate per statement cycle|
|American Express||1.5 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases|
|Visa||0.5 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases|
Points are capped at $100,000 spend per statement period.
Points will be allocated on a tiered basis. First on your NAB Qantas Rewards American Express Card spend, then on your NAB Qantas Rewards Visa Card spend for the statement period.
Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership
To earn points you need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided NAB with your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number. You can join at qantas.com.au/joinffnab. All Qantas Frequent Flyer points are credited directly to your membership account , making it even easier to earn and redeem rewards.
If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, we've arranged for the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee to be waived when you join at qantas.com.au/joinffnab. That’s a saving of $82.50.
Once you have your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number (obtained through qantas.com.au/joinffnab) you can include it in your credit card application. We'll link your cards to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account before we send them to you.
The Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, visit qantas.com.au/frequentflyer.
Everyday purchases exclude:
- cash advances
- bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office
- purchases of travellers cheques
- transactions for gambling or gaming purposes
- when the card is used as a debit card to access linked accounts
- transactions we decide are wholly or partly for a business or investment purpose
- fees and charges (including government fees and charges)
- interest charges
- transactions which are disputed, fraudulent or involve abuse of your credit card account
- payments and purchases which are refunded or reimbursed.
These insurances are complimentary with your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card. These are just brief summaries, and you should read the update with the new document NAB Card Insurance Policy Information Booklet (PDF, 151KB) for full details, including exclusions. You can also call Chubb Insurance on 1800 788 566.
Overseas Travel Insurance
Cover for travel cancellation, overseas medical expenses, lost luggage (up to $20,000) or travel documents, rental vehicle excess, accidental death and disability, missed connections, personal liability, rental vehicle damage and theft excess waiver, hijack and detention, and kidnap and ransom.
To qualify, use your card to purchase a minimum of $500 of your prepaid transportation costs (including travel by air, rail, road or watercraft) and/or accommodation costs and/or organised land tour costs all of which are inclusive of any charges, fees and/or taxes (excluding foreign currency and travellers cheques) on your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card and receive comprehensive Overseas Travel Insurance cover for overseas trips up to six months long.
Price Protection Insurance
Shop with confidence within Australia knowing you can be reimbursed the difference between the price you paid for a new item with your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card and a lower printed advertised price for the same item. These policies are provided by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited ABN 69 003 710 647 AFSL No. 239778.
Interstate Flight Insurance
You're covered if, during an interstate flight, your luggage is lost or delayed or if you have to cancel or amend an interstate flight due to serious illness.
Transport Accident Insurance
Cover if you or members of your family die or are seriously injured in an accident while travelling.
Domestic Hotel Burglary Insurance
You can be reimbursed up to $2,500 for loss of, or damage to, personal items due to burglary of your hotel/motel in Australia.
Purchase Protection Insurance
Protection for new items purchased with your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card , if they're stolen or accidentally damaged within 90 days of the date of purchase.
Extended Warranty Insurance
If you purchase a new domestic appliance in Australia using your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card you'll receive an extension of its original Australian manufacturer's warranty for up to 12 months.
These policies are provided by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited ABN 69 003 710 647 AFSL No. 239778.
Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions, which you can find on the Credit card terms and conditions. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and have provided NAB with your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com.au/terms. Points are earned on eligible purchases only. Award flight availability is limited and particularly so in the case of Classic Awards. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. Qantas Frequent Flyer store products are for delivery in Australia and New Zealand only.
Purchase Protection Insurance
Use your card to pay for a new personal retail item in full and if it's lost, stolen or accidentally damaged any time in the next 90 days you're covered for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
There are some limits and exclusions – see the Purchase Protection Insurance Policy Document (PDF 168kb). This insurance is supplied by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia.
NAB Platinum Concierge Service
Your concierge is available on 1300 730 213, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a brief overview of what your concierge offers – see the NAB Platinum Concierge Service terms and conditions (PDF, 174KB) for full details.
This service is provided by International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
When you're travelling (or planning to), your concierge can help with:
- planning and booking travel
- accessing medical or legal services while you're travelling.
All types of personal assistance, including:
- sourcing, booking and delivering tickets for sporting events, shows and concerts
- car and limousine rental
- reservations at hotels, health clubs and golf clubs
- flower delivery
- party planning
- entertainment ideas, dining referrals
- and much more.
See the NAB Platinum Concierge Service terms and conditions (PDF, 174KB)
The American Express entréTM program
Your platinum American Express card is your key to accessing a world of privilege with entréTM offers and experiences. Enjoy special treatment and amenities around the world. Wherever you are with entréTM you can get special savings and upgrades:
- at fine hotels, spas and resorts
- when you rent a vehicle
- on thrill-seeking adventures
- at golf clubs around the world
- on cruises.
Choose from relaxing pursuits, pre-arranged getaways or unique travel and leisure possibilities. Our dedicated team of concierge professionals are waiting for you.
Already a member?
To see these offers and experiences login at entre.com. Remember to have your platinum American Express card handy.
VIP Lost Card Cover (complimentary for 12 months)
Secure Sentinel offers to keep a confidential list of any cards that you'd want to cancel if you lost them. If you do lose any of those cards, Secure Sentinel will contact the issuer(s) to cancel the cards and help you order replacements. This is a 24 hour, 7 day service.
Secure Sentinel also offers:
- cover for any fraudulent use of the cards from the time you call them, until they've called the card issuer
- help cancelling your Australian passport and help you organise a replacement from the nearest Australian Embassy
- an advance of up to $1000 cash for 30 days if your wallet is stolen (conditions apply)
- to temporarily block your mobile phone if it's stolen
- coded tags for your keys and luggage to help get them back to you if they're found
- registration of possessions you can identify through a serial number.
You can get more information, including the full terms and conditions from Secure Sentinel on 1800 022 043.
VIP Lost Card Cover is provided by Secure Sentinel Pty Limited. ABN 53 054 235 157 of 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
Verified by Visa
Extra security when you shop online
Verified by Visa is a way to add an extra layer of security when you shop online with participating retailers at no additional cost.
When you shop online with a participating retailer you may be required to provide extra information. The requested information is used by NAB for the purposes of validation. The information you provide is not made available to the retailer. This security measure will provide assurance to you, the retailer and NAB that your card details are not being used in a fraudulent manner.
Once you've provided the requested information, NAB will validate the information, after which your purchase will proceed. Without the requested information, the store may not accept your payment.
Additional cardholders can also use Verified by Visa, with their own card and personal information.
Earning bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points
You will earn 1 Bonus Point for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (i.e. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction):
- Qantas flights;
- Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships; and
- Purchases from “Qantas Travel” customer shopfronts.
Unless otherwise notified, Bonus Points will not be earned in relation to purchases from: Qantas Freight; Qantas Holidays Limited; Qantas Business Travel Pty Limited; other businesses or franchisees of Jetset Travelworld Ltd; Qantas Staff Travel; Jetstar Airways Pty Limited; or other Jetstar-branded businesses, or for goods or services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners.
Important information for recently upgraded NAB Platinum cardholders who made overseas travel purchases prior to 1 June 2011
If you have recently been upgraded to a NAB Platinum Credit Card from a NAB Gold Card, Velocity NAB Gold Card or NAB Qantas Gold Card, you can now receive the protection of the NAB Platinum Overseas Travel Insurance Cover.
In general, the cover provided by the NAB Platinum Overseas Travel Insurance Cover is broader than the cover you previously enjoyed under the NAB Gold Overseas Travel Insurance, including the provision of cover for journeys of up to six months’ duration (previously 90 days) and higher maximum benefit limits under the Luggage, Rental Vehicle Excess, Accidental Death and Missed Connection sections of the policy.
You should note, however, that the cover activation criteria under the Platinum cover is different, and require you to pay for the entire cost of your overseas return transport costs with your NAB Platinum Card account, rather than 50% or more of your prepaid transportation, accommodation and other itinerary costs.
In recognition of the fact that the change from Gold to Platinum Cover may adversely affect a small number of customers, we have agreed with the insurer that, for any claim up to 1 June 2011, your claim will be assessed by reference to whichever wording is the more generous, taking into account the individual circumstances of your claim.