No monthly account fees, ever.
Open a Classic Banking account
If you’re switching from another NAB everyday account (except the NAB Staff Cheque account), it takes less than five minutes to swap online.
- No monthly account fees, ever, no matter how you bank.
- No minimum deposits.
- NAB Visa Debit card with payWave at no extra cost, so you can shop wherever Visa is accepted.
- Unlimited access to your money through NAB Internet Banking or NAB Telephone Banking, in any branch, through our ATM network (including rediATMs), using EFTPOS, or through an optional chequebook.
- The option to add a personal overdraft for those times you need a little extra cash.
- You're protected from fraud by our NAB Defence security promise.
You told us that you want fairer banking, and we listened. NAB Classic Banking promises you:
- no monthly account fees, ever
- no overdrawn fees
- no direct charge at NAB ATMs or rediATMs.
To avoid ATM fees it's best to use our NAB ATM network, including rediATMs.
We don't charge you for using other ATMs, but the owners of other ATMs might directly charge you. If they do, you'll see a message and you'll have the option to quit before you're charged.
There are fees for using ATMs overseas - $4 per withdrawal and $1 per balance enquiry.
There’s also a 2% fee on the Australian dollar transaction amount for cash withdrawals or purchases made in currencies other than Australian dollars.
NAB Visa Debit
You can use your NAB Visa Debit card with payWave wherever you'd normally use a normal debit card, as well as wherever Visa is accepted. However you use it, you're spending funds from your NAB Classic Banking account. (Fees can apply at non-NAB ATMs. See the "Fees" tab for details.)
- Access special offers on shows, events, experiences and movies from Visa Entertainment.
- Shop online more safely with Verified by Visa.
- Chip technology to help keep your card secure.
- A statement every two months to help you keep track of your spending.
NAB Visa payWave
There’s now a new way to pay for small purchases with your debit card. One that’s faster and more convenient than ever before – NAB Visa payWave. Using the very latest in contactless technology, it lets you pay for purchases under $100 without swiping your card, signing your name, or even entering your PIN at any merchant displaying the Visa payWave contactless reader and symbol.
Press "credit" when you shop and get:
- complimentary 3 months Purchase Protection Insurance1
- Visa Zero Liability – reimbursement if your card is used fraudulently, or after it's been lost or stolen (conditions apply).
Your NAB Visa Debit card works in most overseas ATMs on the PLUS network. Just look for the PLUS sign.
1. Conditions and exclusions apply. The complimentary insurances are issued to NAB by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited ABN 69 003 710 647 AFSL 239778 for the benefit of the relevant NAB cardholders. The terms, conditions and exclusions of the complimentary insurances for NAB Visa Debit cards are specified in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information Booklet (PDF, 346KB) and may be amended.