I acknowledge and agree to the following.
MLC Limited ABN 90 000 000 402 AFSL 230694 (MLC) is the insurer and issuer of NAB Credit Card Cover, which has been branded by National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686 (NAB). NAB is the distributor of NAB Credit Card Cover. MLC Limited uses the MLC brand under licence. MLC Limited is part of the Nippon Life Insurance Group and not a part of the NAB Group of Companies.
NAB Credit Card Cover is not a deposit with or a liability of NAB, or any of its related bodies corporate. Neither NAB, nor its related bodies corporate guarantees or accept liability in respect of the product.
Any advice provided is general information only, prepared by NAB without taking into account my objectives, needs or financial situation. Before making a decision to purchase this insurance, I should assess whether the advice is appropriate to my circumstances.
What I agree to pay
I agree to pay the premiums for NAB Credit Card Cover:
- calculated and charged at 79 cents for each $100 (or part thereof) of the closing balance (up to a maximum closing balance of $50,000) owing on my NAB credit card account covered by the policy on the closing date of each statement period while the policy is in force,
- automatically charged to my NAB credit card account covered by the policy or any replacement or substituted NAB credit card account/s, and
- any future change in premium made under the policy may be charged in the same way.
Commission of twenty per cent (20%) of my first year’s premium (excluding government charges) is paid to NAB by MLC. The commission payable is not an additional cost as it is paid from the premium.
Other things you need to know
- I’m not required to buy this insurance.
- No benefit is payable under the policy for death, critical illness or disability arising from a pre-existing condition (as defined in the PDS).
- Before applying, if I have any questions about the insurance including cover terms, conditions, and exclusions, I can call 13 22 95 for more information.
Sharing my information
NAB may provide MLC with any information that NAB holds or will hold about my NAB Credit Card Account contract necessary to process this application for the insurance and to administer any insurance that I obtain as a result of making this application. I also authorise MLC Limited to share my information for any purposes associated with my NAB Credit Card Cover policy.
If I have provided an email address for the purpose of receiving communications from NAB and MLC, I acknowledge my personal and sensitive information may be sent to that email address.
- access and correct my information;
- make a complaint about how MLC manages your information.
NAB Credit Card Cover is insurance designed to help you cover your NAB credit card account repayments in certain situations such as losing your job, becoming disabled or critically ill, or your death.
It means you’ll have one less thing to worry about if something unexpected stops you from being able to meet your credit card repayments.
The insurance is designed to:
- pay a lump sum to your NAB credit card account to $50,000 should you (or any additional cardholders on your account) die or be diagnosed with a critical illness, and
- make regular payments to your NAB credit card account to $50,000 should you (or any additional cardholders on your account) become disabled or involuntarily unemployed.
NAB Credit Card Cover includes all these covers, so it's not possible to purchase these covers separately.
NAB Credit Card Cover provides cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in the world.