To apply to the Scheme, you'll be subject to the following eligibility criteria. You need to be able to provide documentation of your eligibility to secure your position.
Eligibility criteria includes
- All applicants must be First Home buyers
- Individuals must have earned less than $125,000 and couples less than $200,000 in the last financial year. Couples must be married or de-facto
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a Medicare card
- All applicants must be Australian citizens with either a valid Australian passport or proof of Australian citizenship
- There are property price caps which vary depending on the location in which you buy. You can work out your property price cap using NHFIC’s online tool
NHFIC’s Scheme eligibility tool
To make things easier, the government have created an online tool to help you to understand whether you are eligible for the scheme. Simply choose below whether you wish to apply as an individual or as a couple.