Why insure through NAB
We partner with Allianz Insurance to provide cover for your caravan and trailer. Your caravan or trailer may be more than just an expensive asset; it's your gateway to adventure. Here's why you should insure it through us.
You can also call us on 13 29 28 to discuss caravan and trailer insurance.
Tailor your policy
Increase your contents cover or add electric motor burnout (fusion) up to $500 per incident.
Simple quote process
Use our online quote form or give us a call to get your quote today.
Quick and easy claims process
Call Allianz Claims to speak with a consultant. Alternatively, lodge a claim online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits of caravan and trailer insurance
The below is a summary of the policy features, what's covered and the type of vehicle the feature applies to. For full coverage, exclusion, limits and excesses information, read the Caravan and Trailer Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 163KB), opens in new window and the NAB Financial Services Guide before applying.
In order to be sure that you are covered under this policy you should always contact us for approval before you incur expenses you wish to claim. If you do not, we will pay for expenses incurred to the amount we would have authorised had you asked us first.
- Accidental loss of or damage to your caravan or trailer
- Annexe on your caravan (annexes over 5 years old are subject to depreciation)
- Contents in your caravan – up to $1,000 for damage from any one incident caused by or arising from a covered accident
- Emergency accommodation – up to $100 per day to a maximum $1,000 arising out of any one incident, if your caravan is uninhabitable following an accident and more than 100 kilometres from where it’s usually parked
- Emergency repairs – up to $500 for any one incident to allow the caravan or trailer to be towed to the destination
- Spoilage of food contained in your caravan – up to $500 for any one incident
- Legal liability – up to $20 million for any one event or series of events
- New for old replacement after a total loss – caravan or trailer which you purchased new and is less than 2 years old from the date of first registration
- Return costs – up to $500 for any one incident
- Temporary cover on replacement caravan or trailer – up to 14 days
- Towing – Reasonable costs
- Increased contents cover – specified amount as nominated by you
- Electric motor burnout (fusion) – up to $500 for any one incident
Lodge a claim online
You can lodge a claim online via the Allianz online claim form.
Lodge a claim via phone
You can lodge a claim over the phone by calling Allianz's Claims line.
Find contact information and resources for your insurance needs.
Terms and Conditions
Apologies but the Important Information section you are trying to view is not displaying properly at the moment. Please refresh the page or try again later.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708) (Allianz) is the insurer and issuer of this insurance. Allianz has entered into a distribution arrangement with National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL 230686) (NAB). Under this arrangement, NAB is authorised to arrange for the issue of this insurance by Allianz as Allianz's agent. All other services provided by NAB in relation to this insurance are not provided on behalf of Allianz.
NAB is paid commission if Allianz issues you with this insurance (including renewals and variations) and may be entitled to a profit share if certain thresholds are met in agreed periods regarding this and other types of insurance policies entered into under NAB’s arrangement with Allianz. Details are provided in the NAB Financial Services Guide, available in branch, or by calling 13 29 28 or at nab.com.au/fsg.
Neither NAB, nor any of its related bodies corporate, accepts liability or guarantees payment of any claim or benefit in respect of this insurance. A policy does not represent a deposit with, or a liability of, nor is guaranteed by either NAB or any of its related bodies corporate.
Any advice contained is general only and does not take into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the advice is appropriate for your objectives, financial situation or needs and consult the Policy Document and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available in branch, by calling 13 29 28 or at nab.com.au/insurance.
For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about our insurance, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any supplementary PDS (if applicable). Target Market Determinations for these products are available at nab.com.au/TMD.
The information on this page about the insurance coverage is a summary only and you should refer to the PDS and the Policy Wording for full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply. Insurance is subject to eligibility criteria.