Accessibility benefits everyone. Our job is about making sure people can access the services and products that we provide. That’s why we’re committed to making our branches, ATMs, cards and EFTPOS terminals available and accessible to all of our users.
Smart ATM accessibility features
We currently host a variety of ATM versions with different services. We’re always looking to upgrade the accessibility features in our newest technology. View a full list of ATM locations and services.
Our current Smart ATM network includes physical accessibility features like:
- braille keypads
- wheel chair access with lowered heights
- accessible locations and space requirements.
NAB Smart ATMs also include assistive technology like:
- audio loops
- headphone jacks
- text to audio
- clear text contrast
- minimal screen navigation.
EFTPOS terminals accessibility features
All NAB branded EFTPOS terminals have inbuilt accessibility features as outlined by Australian standards. These features include:
- a standard key layout, with a raised dot on the five key for orientation
- an audio response is played with key presses for additional sensory support.
Requesting a Signature Only card
The Signature Only card is an alternative for customers who find it challenging to use a Personal Identification Number (PIN). It lets people with accessibility requirements complete card transactions in person using signature, rather than PIN.
The Signature Only card is identical to standard cards, with the wording 'signature only' on the front.
If you request this type of card, these card features will stay the same:
- card number and PIN
- expiry date (unless it’s within three months of the card’s expiry date)
- ATM access
- security chip
- tap and pay functionality.
To request a Signature Only card, visit your local branch and ask your banker to complete a request form.
Visiting a branch
It's important our branches are accessible for everyone and customers with various needs will find, where possible, our branches have the following features:
- ramp access
- automatic doors.
Note: Due to heritage regulations, some NAB locations are unable to adhere to accessibility standards.
Our branches also offer a range of accessible services like:
- quiet offices
- accessible formats for product disclosure statements
- trained staff who are happy to help
- portable hearing loop - customers with a Telecoil function in their hearing aids can use this device in the branch. please ask our staff.
Find out more about accessibility and inclusion
Accessibility action plan
Accessibility feedback or suggestions
|Call 1800 152 015, option #3|
National Australia Bank
Head of Customer Solutions
Reply Paid 2870
MELBOURNE VIC 8060
|Go to our feedback form|