Benefits and features

Savings for you

  • Save up to 10% when you combine buildings and contents covers on the one insurance policy1.
  • Pay by the month at no extra cost2.
  • Get up to 30% no claim bonus discount3.
  • Reduce your premium by varying your excess4.

Enjoy peace of mind

  • 12 months’ Emergency Home Assistance at no extra cost (excludes renters)5
  • Cover for events like fire, theft or burglary, water or other liquid damage.
  • Protect portable items such as your smartphone or jewellery with personal effects cover from an additional $4 per month6.

Easy, hassle-free process

  • Get a quote online in minutes.
  • Buy online—it’s easy and secure.
  • Make a claim anytime using the 24/7 claims service.

Compare different levels of cover

How to make a claim


Use Allianz’s online claims form: the fastest and easiest way to claim.

  • It takes less than 10 mins to complete.
  • It’s secure and available 24/7.
  • You get an immediate confirmation number for your reference.

By phone

Contact Allianz’s 24/7 claims hotline on 1300 555 013. A friendly consultant will take you through the process.

Important information

1 Any discounts are applied to the standard premium rates (excluding optional covers). They're subject to rounding and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). Because minimum premiums may apply, any discounts/entitlements only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you're eligible for more than one discount, each of them are applied in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements.

2 Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Financial institution transaction fees may apply.

3 To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, you must have had no home buildings or contents insurance claims in the preceding five years. However, customers who've had up to two claims may still qualify for reduced No Claim Bonus.

4 Variable excess—may not be available where an imposed excess applies.

5 Offer valid with new NAB Home Insurance or NAB Home Insurance Essentials policies. 12 months’ Emergency Home Assistance at no extra cost is offered by Allianz and provided by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Full terms and conditions available at

6 Premium amount payable in addition to your home building and/or contents premium. Calculation based on specified personal effects cover of $1000. Current as of 01/03/2015. Personal effects cover only available only when you have contents cover. Please refer to the PDS for full terms and conditions.

7 Information on this site about the coverage offered by this product is a summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. Coverage, Benefits and Events Covered are up to policy limits. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Supplementary PDS — NAB Home Insurance (PDF, 615KB), the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Supplementary PDS - NAB Home Insurance Essentials (PDF, 873KB), and the NAB Financial Services Guide and consider them before making a decision whether to purchase this insurance. Insurance cover is subject to eligibility.

8 Flood Cover is an option, subject to eligibility, available for eligible property addresses, and designed to protect against damage to building and/or contents in the event of a flood (up to the value of the sum insured).

You can also review the the fact sheets available for:

NAB Home Insurance Essentials building cover (PDF, 245KB)

NAB Home Insurance Essentials contents cover (PDF, 238KB)

NAB Home Insurance building cover (PDF, 237KB)

NAB Home Insurance contents cover (PDF, 237KB)

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 23 4708) ('Allianz') is the insurer and the issuer of NAB Home Insurance and NAB Home Insurance Essentials which have been branded NAB by National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686) ('NAB').

This insurance is arranged by National Australia Financial Management Limited (ABN 56 000 176 116 AFSL 230699) ('NAFM'), a member of the NAB Group of companies, as an agent for Allianz, and not as your agent. Neither NAB, nor any of its related bodies corporate, accepts liability or guarantees payment of any claim or benefit in respect of home insurance. A NAB Home Insurance or NAB Home Insurance Essentials policy does not represent a deposit with, or a liability of, nor is guaranteed by either NAB or any of its related bodies corporate. NAFM receives commission for arranging these insurances which is a percentage of the ‎premium.

Any advice contained on this site has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision regarding the acquisition or disposal of a financial product, you should assess whether the advice is appropriate to your circumstances. Consult our Product Disclosure Statement (NAB Home Insurance Essentials (PDF 873KB) or NAB Home Insurance (PDF 881KB)) for full terms and conditions.

Get a quote for home and contents insurance

Continue your home and contents insurance quote

People also read

We're ready to help you

Talk to an expert
Call 13 29 28

Mon-Fri 8am - 9pm (AEST/ADST)
Sat 9am - 5pm (AEST/ADST)