Here's what you get:

  • Cover for your investment property and any contents left for the tenants’ use
  • 12 months’ Emergency Home Assistance at no extra cost1
  • Access to our 24/7 claims lodgement service
  • A range of ways to save on your insurance premium

Ready to roll?

  • We’ll need to know the approximate year when your investment property was built, so have this information handy
  • Make sure you know the cost of rebuilding your investment property
  • Have an estimate of the value of any contents, including carpets, curtains and appliances left for the tenants’ use
  • Know the security measures you have in place, such as window locks, security systems or alarms

Peace of mind

  • The cost of replacing or repairing damage to your investment property and any contents left for the tenants’ use
  • Cover for loss of rent after investment property damaged by insured event – up to 12 months
  • Fire and weather events such as bushfires, grassfires, storm, cyclone and lightning
  • Sudden bursting of pipes causing water or liquid damage
  • Theft, burglary and vandalism
  • Malicious damage caused by your tenants
  • Damage to other people and their property – up to $10 million legal liability cover

This snapshot is a guide only. For information on what’s covered and what’s excluded, and any limits and excesses that apply, refer to the NAB Residential Investor Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF ,1.4MB). Please read the NAB Financial Services Guide before applying for this product.

Make it work for you
Tailor your policy

Flood cover

Optional flood cover for eligible properties2

Rent default & theft by tenant

Optional cover for rent default and theft by tenant

Enjoy the benefits

Emergency Home Assistance

12 months’ Emergency Home Assistance at no extra cost1

No claim bonus

Save up to 30% if you’ve had no landlord insurance claims in the past 3 years3,4

Combine your cover

Save up to 10% when you combine your building and contents cover on the one policy4

Join online

Save up to 10% when you buy online (for the first year only)4

Why NAB?

  • Step 1 Get a quote online now - or call us on 13 29 28
  • Step 2 Buy online - it's easy and secure
  • Step 3 Make a claim anytime using our 24/7 claims service

Compare our

  Landlord Buildings Landlord Contents
Standard benefits    

Loss or damage due to:

  • Accidental breakage of glass
  • Earthquake and tsunami
  • Explosion
  • Fire or smoke
  • Impact damage
  • Lightning
  • Malicious acts
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Storm, rainwater or run-off
  • Theft, burglary or housebreaking
  • Water or other liquid damage

Automatic indexation of sums insured

Contents in the open air at your building address – up to $200

Continuation of cover when you are selling your buildings

Electric motor burnout (fusion) - limits apply. Please refer to the PDS for details.

Legal liability - cover for injury to other people or their property – up to $10,000,000

Mortgage discharge costs – up to $2,000

Reinstatement of sum insured after a loss

Removal of debris, professional rebuilding fees and extra costs of complying with building regulations – Limits apply. Please refer to the PDS for details.

Rental costs after an insured event – up to 12 months

contents cover only when building is part of a strata title
Replacement of locks or cylinders – up to $500

Optional benefits you can add    
Rent default and theft by tenant Optional Optional
Flood cover Optional2 Optional2
Landlords’ Workers Compensation (Only available in ACT, WA and TAS) Optional Optional

This summary is a guide only. For information on what’s covered and what’s excluded, and any limits and excesses that apply, please refer to the NAB Residential Investor Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 1.4MB). Please read the NAB Financial Services Guide before applying for this product.

Have any questions?
Let's get you sorted

If I purchase NAB Residential Investor Insurance, who is my insurer?

NAB Residential Investor Insurance is arranged and distributed by National Financial Management Limited, a related body corporate of NAB. We do this on behalf of Allianz, one of Australia’s largest general insurers, who supplies and underwrites this product. This means, if you purchase NAB Residential Investor Insurance, and need to make a claim, Allianz are there for you with their 24 hour claims line – helping you get back on track again as soon as possible.

What do I need to do before making a landlord insurance claim?

Before you claim with Allianz, make sure you contact the police as soon as possible to report any theft or attempted theft, or damage caused by intentional acts, riots or vehicle impact. Then contact the Allianz Claims centre, or make a claim online – it takes less than 10 minutes and you get an immediate confirmation number for your reference.

If I make a claim, how will my possessions be repaired or replaced?

Allianz has agreements with national suppliers to replace most items. They can often organise the quotes and repair or replacement of your possessions.

What documents might I need to make a landlord insurance claim?

Make sure you keep receipts, instruction booklets or any other documents that can help provide evidence of your ownership in the event of a claim. Also retain a copy of your written rental agreement and details of the bond held – Allianz will require this for loss of rent claims. Retain copies of any property inspection reports.

What should I do if someone makes a liability claim or personal injury claim against me?

Call us as soon as possible on 1300 555 013 to tell us what has happened. Try to get names and addresses of any witnesses to the event which led to the claim. Don't admit liability and don’t attempt to settle any claim made against you. Allianz will advise you of what steps you need to take and will assist you through the landlord insurance claim process.

In what other circumstances should I contact you?

  • You appoint or terminate a licensed managing agent for the property
  • You carry out alterations, additions, demolition, repairs or decorations to the buildings that costing more than $50,000
  • The building has not been lived in (or will not be lived in) for more than 60 consecutive days
  • You remove any security devices that were specifically required by us
  • You commence using any part of your home for business, trade or professional purposes

How to

Do it online

Call 1300 555 013

Using Allianz's Claims hotline,
a friendly consultant will take you
through the process. It's available 24/7.

Important Information

1Offer valid with new NAB Residential Investor Insurance policies. 12 months’ Emergency Home Assistance at no extra cost is offered by Allianz and provided by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. Read the full terms and conditions in the Emergency Home Assistance Terms and Conditions (PDF, 134KB) and Emergency Home Assistance Offer Information (PDF, 445KB).

2Flood Cover is an option, subject to eligibility, available for eligible property addresses, and designed to protect against damage to building and/or contents in the event of a flood (up to the value of the sum insured).

3To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, landlords must have had no landlord losses in the preceding three years. However, landlords who have had up to two claims may still qualify for reduced No Claim Bonus.

4Any discounts are applied to the standard premium rates (excluding optional covers). They're subject to rounding and are for the first year’s premium only (unless stated otherwise). Because minimum premiums may apply, any discounts/entitlements only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you're eligible for more than one discount, each of them are applied in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements.

Information on this site about the cover offered by this product is a summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. Cover, Benefits and Events Covered are up to policy limits. Please read the NAB Residential Investor Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF, 1.4MB) and the NAB Financial Services Guide and consider them before making a decision whether to purchase this insurance. Insurance cover is subject to eligibility.

You can also review the Key Facts Sheets available for:
NAB Residential Investor Insurance building cover (PDF, 420KB)
NAB Residential Investor Insurance contents cover (PDF, 416KB)

Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 23 4708) ('Allianz') is the insurer and the issuer of NAB Residential Investor Insurance (PDF, 1.4MB) which have been branded NAB by National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686) ('NAB').

This insurance is arranged by National Australia Financial Management Limited (ABN 56 000 176 116 AFSL 230699) ('NAFM'), a member of the NAB Group of companies, as an agent for Allianz, and not as your agent. Neither NAB, nor any of its related bodies corporate, accepts liability or guarantees payment of any claim or benefit in respect of home Insurance. A NAB Residential Investor Insurance policy does not represent a deposit with, or a liability of, nor is guaranteed by either NAB or any of its related bodies corporate. NAFM receives commission for arranging these insurances that is a percentage of the ‎premium.

Any advice contained on this site has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs. You may wish to make this assessment yourself or seek the help of an adviser.

Protect yourselfrelated products

Travel insurance

NAB Travel Insurance can help you ensure your dream holiday doesn’t turn into a nightmare.

Car insurance

Don’t be caught without car insurance. With NAB Car Insurance cover choices, you can select a level of cover you’re comfortable with that fits within your budget.

Home and contents insurance

Protect your house and the things inside that make it a home.

More articlesPeople also read

Understand cash flow before you buy an investment property

Planning to buy an investment property? We explain the crucial importance of cash flow - and help you become a savvier investor.

Investing in property? Understand the costs before you buy

If you're thinking about investing in property, don't do anything before you know what you're in for. Upfront and ongoing costs should e considered.

Claim depreciation on an older investment property

Take advantage of tax breaks in Australia for property depreciation and use it as part of your property investment strategy.

Let's talk
We're ready to help you

Talk to an expert
Call 13 29 28

Mon-Fri 8am - 7pm (AEST/ADST)
Sat-Sun 9am - 6pm (AEST/ADST)