We’re committed to promoting gender equality in the workplace and helping our women thrive at work.
Why is this important?
We know that in order to attract, retain and motivate the best people, we need to measure and reward our performance. We also need to ensure we have a considered and equitable approach to how we determine remuneration that aligns to market practice.
What do we do?
We have performance and remuneration frameworks in place with two key objectives.
- Attract, recognise, motivate and retain employees.
- Align the interests of employees and shareholders through equity ownership.
In order to progress as individuals, and as a business, it’s important we all track what we’ve achieved. That’s why everyone has simple and focused scorecards to provide clarity on their objectives for the year Employees are supported and through regular performance and development conversations.
How we do it?
Equally as important as what we do, is how we do it. Our Values drive our culture and how we go about our daily activities.
Our Values work together and reinforce each other, with no one value greater than another:
- Passion for customers - I start with the customer and build trusting relationships.
- Will to win - I go the extra mile and never give up.
- Be bold - I ask the tough questions and take accountability.
- Respect for people - I treat others with dignity and respect and embrace diversity.
- Do the right thing - I make good decisions for our customers, people and communities, even when it’s difficult.
How does this come together?
Both ‘what we do’ and ‘how we do it’ are equally important and at the end of the year are assessed holistically. This results in one annual performance rating which provides clarity and recognises people for their contribution.
We’re committed to equitable outcomes
We are committed to equitable remuneration for all employees that is consistent with our market and performance framework. Remuneration is reviewed annually taking into consideration a broad range of factors and is supported by our Enterprise Agreement.
We actively address barriers to gender pay equity. That’s why our gender pay gap continues to decrease and sits below the industry average.
Find out more about working with us.