NAB Convertible Preference Shares II (CPS II) were fully paid preference shares issued directly by NAB, and were listed on the ASX under code NABPB. The issue price for CPS II was $100 per CPS II. They were not guaranteed or secured, and were not a deposit account or any other account with NAB.
On Thursday 17 December 2020, all CPS II were redeemed for $100 per CPS II. This occurred substantially by way of a reduction of capital, with the balance by way of redemption, upon which all CPS II were cancelled. In addition, a final cash dividend of $0.5829 per CPS II was paid to CPS II holders on the record date for the final dividend.
A general outline of the taxation implications for certain holders of CPS II who are Australian residents for tax purposes can be found in the Australian Taxation Summary in the CPS II Prospectus. The taxation implications depend on your individual circumstances.
For more information on the CPS II please refer to:
- NAB Convertible Preference Shares II payment history and relevant ASX announcements
- NAB Convertible Preference Shares II - Redemption Notice
- Replacement Prospectus – NAB Convertible Preference Share II Offer (PDF, 1.69MB)
- Financial Services Guide (PDF, 2.63MB)
- ATO Class Ruling (PDF, 610KB)