- Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) may borrow money to invest in property in a tax effective way.
Benefits and features
Buy a commercial or rural property
- We may be able to help structure these loans through your SMSF.
- Talk to our business bankers. They can explain the process, set up your SMSF loan and, if you have not yet entered into a contract of sale, help set up your security trust.
- If you're ready to apply for a loan, complete the Application for finance of property: Self-Managed Super Fund form (PDF, 580KB) and return it to your NAB Business Banker.
- If you don't have a business banker Request a call back today.
- Or have a look at our range of SMSF product solutions.
What you need to know
Maximum up to 15 years for commercial and rural property.
Commercial and rural - $500.
Maximum loan to property value
Commercial property: Borrow up to 65% of the property value.
Rural property: Borrow up to 35% - 65% of the property value.
1 Standard transactions involving single purchase by one SMSF. Additional legal fees may be incurred for complex transactions or negotiation with customer’s representative.
Features not available for SMSF loans: construction or property development, vacant land purchase, redraw, adding loans to packages, limit increases, or split loans. NAB also requires the trustees to be Corporate Trustees when borrowing to invest in property.
Fees and charges are payable. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.