NAB Internet Banking requires you to enter your NAB ID and log in password each time you access the service. Since your access is protected by this password it's very important you protect your password, by making it known only to you.
Important points to remember:
- Your password must be six or more characters and contain at least one character from two of the following categories:
- Upper case letters.
- Lower case letters.
- Special characters (for example !,@#$%).
- Always choose passwords that are easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess. Don't use your date of birth, telephone number, address, your name or the name of a friend or relative in your password.
- Keep your password secret – no one else should or needs to know your password for any reason.
- Change your password regularly – make it a habit every three months.
- Don't use your NAB Internet Banking password for anything else (eg. your webmail accounts).
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged in to NAB Internet Banking, and make sure you select the "Log Out" button when you’re done.
- Ensure that you're not observed or heard entering you password (eg. screen reader software voices data entry and screen text to assist visually impaired users).
Password tip: It's a great idea to create a password based on a mnemonic such as an easily remembered phrase or song title. Take the first letter of each word in a phrase, then add a few numbers to it. For example, “To be or not to be, that is the question” can become “2borX2bQ”.
Registering for SMS security will allow you to reset your NAB Internet Banking password if you forget it or have entered it incorrectly three times, without having to contact us.
Password lock is a tool that security aware customers can use to further protect their information. It can provide an additional layer of security for use in situations where the PC environment is unknown or not within your control.
Password lock offers peace of mind and control over the level of protection you wish to adopt when banking with us.
You may voluntarily lock your password prior to logging out from the service. NAB Internet Banking cannot be accessed again until your password is unlocked. To unlock your internet banking password call 1300 651 656 (+61 3 8641 9886 for international callers) and enter your telephone banking password when prompted.
There are some important points to remember:
- You must know your telephone banking password to unlock your internet banking password via NAB Telephone Banking.
- If you don't remember your telephone banking password, you'll need to call the Internet & SMS Banking Support Team on 1300 651 656 (+61 3 8641 9886 for international callers).