Points will be awarded on a tiered basis: 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 60 days + 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you keep your card open for over 12 months*. Plus, enjoy a reduced annual card fee for the first year.2
* Offer commences 2 March 2020 To be eligible for the 130,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card before the offer is withdrawn, be approved, and spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening your account. Qantas Points will be awarded on a tiered basis - 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days (credited to your points balance within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria) and 30,000 bonus Qantas Points after 12 months (credited to your points balance within the 13th month). Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purposes. NAB may vary or end this offer at any time. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB card offer. This bonus Qantas Points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Bonus Qantas Points for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards credit card in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card or NAB Qantas Rewards Card account.
A return Qantas Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London is 110,400 Qantas Points plus $657.74 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to Los Angeles is 83,800 Qantas Points plus $392.04 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to New York (via LAX) is 110,400 Qantas Points plus $490.34 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to Honolulu is 63,000 Qantas Points plus $392.04 in taxes, fees and carrier charges and Sydney to Bangkok return for 50,400 points plus $280 taxes, fees and carrier charges. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited, some flights may be on partner airlines and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. Qantas Points plus taxes, fees and carrier charges are accurate as at 4 February 2020, but may vary at the time of booking. Status Credits and Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Flight Rewards. For more information, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards.
1. Standard Balance Transfer Rate After 6 months, any unpaid balance transfers will attract the standard cash advance rate (currently 21.74%p.a. as at 2 March 2020). The one off balance transfer fee of 2% is calculated on the amount transferred and is charged to your NAB credit card account when your balance transfer is processed. Interest rates are subject to change and available at nab.com.au. Interest-free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the 'interest-free days payment' specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. Standard balance transfer rate and term may be varied or withdrawn at any time. In addition to this acquisition rate, which is available only at card application, other balance transfer offers may be available on your card from time to time. You can find out more information about the ongoing balance transfer rates of your card.
2. The reduced annual card fee of $295 will be charged at the time of card opening and applies for the first 12 months. You will be charged the standard annual card fee (currently $395) in the 13th month of your card account.
3. Interest-free days on purchases Interest-free days on purchases if you pay the closing balance in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest-free days if you have an outstanding balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the 'interest-free days payment' specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange.
4. Join and redeem Qantas Points Qantas Points are capped at $20,000 spend per statement period. Qantas Points will be allocated on a tiered basis over each statement period. To earn and redeem Qantas Points using your NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided your valid membership number to NAB. Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions (PDF,255KB). If you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, NAB has arranged for the joining fee to be waived if you apply and receive a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card and join through qantas.com.au/joinffnab. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions, available at qantas.com.au/terms.
Earn 1 Additional Qantas Point per whole AU$1 on Qantas Spend. ‘Qantas Spend’ means Eligible Transactions made with the following merchants: flights booked directly through qantas.com and Qantas Contact Centres; Qantas flights booked through selected travel agents; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership, joining and annual fees; Qantas Gift Vouchers; purchases from qantasstore.com.au, qantasshop.com.au and qantasepiqure.com.au.
5. Complimentary insurance covers AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian credit licence 230686 (NAB) which allows eligible NAB account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the NAB card insurances is provided to eligible NAB cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must check whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. The eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information booklet (PDF, 451KB) and in the NAB Purchase Protection Insurance Policy Information Booklet (PDF, 275KB) which may be amended from time to time. NAB does not guarantee this insurance.
6. NAB Concierge Service This service is provided by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd or International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd. To access the NAB Concierge service, call 1300 489 410, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See the NAB Concierge Service terms and conditions (PDF, 239KB) for full details.
Credit Card Terms and conditions available. Fees and charges are payable. Approval and credit limit is subject to NAB's credit assessment criteria. Information, including interest rates and annual card fees subject to change. Correct as at 2 March 2020 and subject to change. Credit cards issued by National Australia Bank Limited. ©2020 National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686.